Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide of gay muslim
Tragic news from London:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...07249.html

A true case study:

a) It shows, once again, that homophobia is very much alive and not to be taken lightly.

b) Families and especially mothers are always a great cause for concern if you're a gay man.

c) It's not a coincidence that this happened in a muslim family.

How sad. A mothers hurtful words can lead a son to kill himself..

When I was a teenager,,, my mother told me that I'd never amount to anything other than a garbage-man. I never forgot those words, and I never forgave her for being mean and hateful towards my brothers and myself.

I left home at 17 and made a life for myself,,,, without her in it!!!
We Have Elvis !!

It's not just in muslim families. I can name 2 US guys I knew who have done the same thing after parents sowed how ignorant they could be. One mother called her 17 yr old son a sorry faggot. He went to his room and blew his head off. Another was a 30 yr old bank loan officer whose parents drove a church bus full of fundamentalists a 100 miles to do an intervention. He went to the bathroom and did the same thing in the tub.

As long as I live I doubt I'll ever be able to forgive and do a "live and let live" attitude towards any type religious fundamentalists or ignos mainly because of all the things like that they've done. I don't hate them but I make it a point to make them feel like shit anytime one of them opens their righteous mouth around me.

I logged out here and checked email. This was the first thing I saw.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/12/12-ye...-bullying/

Can't say I understand it, he was a successful doctor and was in a loving relationship of 13 years, why didn't he just tell his family to "fuck off" if they dont approve?

I can understand it much more when it's a teenager stuck in the same household with a hateful family.

Virge Wrote:As long as I live I doubt I'll ever be able to forgive and do a "live and let live" attitude towards any type religious fundamentalists or ignos mainly because of all the things like that they've done. I don't hate them but I make it a point to make them feel like shit anytime one of them opens their righteous mouth around me.

That's how I feel too -- and that's why I have so little to do with my family. I can't abide ignorant, sanctimonious hypocrites who think they have it all figured out. Their own shit don't stink. The harm they do is immeasurable -- as your second post makes clear.

-_-

what a heart-breaking news, it's always making me so sad reading this kind of thing
I can understand if it's teenager who commit the suicide because they're still emotionally unstable, especially when noone cares about them
but a grown man with spouse? even if the world are against them, they still have each other to share, gettting thru everything together
once I read about mother who want to 'cure' his gay son till the son committed suicide and she regrets everything she'd done

Quote:An inquest at St Pancras Coroners’ Court heard Dr Mahmood had told his mother he was gay and was in a 13-year relationship with his fiancée, Matthew Ogston, just days before his death.

a 'fiancée' is a female person. male version is spelled a 'fiancé'. journalists shouldn't use foreign words if they don't know how to spell them.

so, the guy was in a 13-year relationship and he just offed himself after his mother said some things to him? that is stupid. did he not think of his partner?

and his £700,000 flat will probably go to his family, i.e. his mother. how ironic.

suicide is a tragic subject, but this guy had no deep tragic reason to opt for such an outcome. people can live without the approval of their parents. history is full of successful examples of guys doing so. white men probably excel at it more than some other races, but this is no excuse. this suicide was stupid as fuck. and you can't blame homophobia for this. homophobia makes teenage gay youth commit suicide. if a man has lived to be 34, and he has so little self-awareness and esteem as to kill himself over someone else's opinion...that is weakness of character at fault, not other people. grow some balls, and some goddamn responsibility for your actions and for the people you are committed to.

moreover, this guy didn't live in a Muslim country, he was living in the UK. nobody was going to force him to ''cure'' his homosexuality.

not every gay person who commits suicide should get the 'blame' shifted onto other people even if those people are homophobic and unaccepting. this guy probably had other psychological issues for choosing suicide where there was no reason to do so. i see weakness of character, and most likely an undercurrent of personal issues with himself that played into this thing. men have been standing up for themselves on this subject for years now, some even hundreds of years. this is no longer an excuse.

Virge Wrote:It's not just in muslim families. I can name 2 US guys I knew who have done the same thing after parents sowed how ignorant they could be. One mother called her 17 yr old son a sorry faggot. He went to his room and blew his head off. Another was a 30 yr old bank loan officer whose parents drove a church bus full of fundamentalists a 100 miles to do an intervention. He went to the bathroom and did the same thing in the tub.

As long as I live I doubt I'll ever be able to forgive and do a "live and let live" attitude towards any type religious fundamentalists or ignos mainly because of all the things like that they've done. I don't hate them but I make it a point to make them feel like shit anytime one of them opens their righteous mouth around me.

Virge Wrote:I logged out here and checked email. This was the first thing I saw.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/12/12-ye...-bullying/

MikeW Wrote:That's how I feel too -- and that's why I have so little to do with my family. I can't abide ignorant, sanctimonious hypocrites who think they have it all figured out. Their own shit don't stink. The harm they do is immeasurable -- as your second post makes clear.

Mike, I understand and you have my heart like everyone else who has gone through that. All I can do is keep telling people until their ears bleed is the only difference between Islamic fundamentalists and Christian fundamentalists is that the sorry christian fuckers in the US hide behind the first amendment that the Islamic fundamentalists call a sacrilege.

My favorite routine to a loud mouth christian fundamentalist is to give him a psycho serial killer look, invade his space until he backs up and looks like he's dreading an ass beating, then smile, "you are the reason I have so many guns, MF-er"

And ... I can't wait to get home and send this out to everyone I know and don't know. I'm out of town and using my phone and can't do threads to easy. If you want to post it GS as a thread, knock yourself out and I thank you up front. Listen to this guy all the way through. I think there are better edits on youtube by now. You have to hear how he talks... pure Taliban.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u-s-w...-cure-aids

what a laa dee frickin' daa lunatic.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart