Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Je suis Charlie
This is what very many people are using to headline their social media entries. It refers to this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ja...-under-way

It refers to their solidarity with Charlie Hebdo, the French satirical magazine where 12 people were assasinated by three totally mad Islamic fanatics today. Je suis Charlie . I am Charlie, I support free speech.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

[Image: picture.php?albumid=1081&pictureid=7127]

Thanks Londoner... It's really important.
My condolences to the families and people who were affected by this dreadful attack.

[Image: charles.png]

[Image: charlie-hebdo-life-of-mohammed-comic-boo...n-2013.jpg]

Sooner or later people will come to terms with the obvious fact that Islam is completely incompatible with peace and western civilization. Once that happens perhaps there can be a consensus about how to deal with this truly global problem before ti becomes any worse. The only solution is obvious but no one wants to talk about it.

What is the "obvious solution" [MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION]? I'm curious.

The obvious solution will be time.....in the same way that it took about 500 years for the protestants and the Catholics to stop killing one another and those of other faiths.....eventually the Wahabist fundamentalists will become a spent force as the medieval age they live in is erased once and for all.

I am angry because...as I pointed out on another board...this was an attack on free speech and I have taken alot of crap because I defend Fred Phelps and his right to say anything he wanted...despite the fact that I hated everything he stood for and everything he said...so I have no use for these people or their actions and I am walking a fine line..trying to keep an open mind...but not today. I want to be angry and I don't want to be fair.

Je suis Charlie

East Wrote:I am angry because...as I pointed out on another board...this was an attack on free speech and I have taken alot of crap because I defend Fred Phelps and his right to say anything he wanted...despite the fact that I hated everything he stood for and everything he said...so I have no use for these people or their actions and I am walking a fine line..trying to keep an open mind...but not today. I want to be angry and I don't want to be fair.

Je suis Charlie

Completely understandable.

I'm deeply shocked, like everyone else and I can't even find the words nor realize it... Twelve dead. Why? One of them, Cabu, was my favourite illustrator since I was 4... I'm sad, I'm concerned and something died in me today... Twelve died, 66 million hurted.

Ok, those barbarians managed to kill them and they cruelly hit Liberty here, in France, but they will never manage to kill our freedom of expression...

Here's to hoping that one day people will no longer die because of imaginary figures.

Je suis Charlie