Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naive vs Paranoid
So, a guy that I don't know very well has asked me to go on a date tomorrow. Problem is, I think I've been overthinking to the extreme so I guess I'd like to hear some rational thoughts on this.
Basically the problem is that I know from myself that I am just very naive when it comes to dating. I'll give an example to put that in perspective: a few months ago I was on a date with a guy that lived on the same campus as me, just in a different building. He said something like 'oh, I've never been to that building. Could you show me around your apartment for a few minutes before I head home?' Yes, I took that seriously and never did it cross my mind what his actual intentions were, that's how bad the naivety is haha. He was a very decent guy that didn't misuse it though, but it did make me a bit paranoid afterwards. I mean, what if he had been a 'bad guy' after all?
Anyway, this is sort of bothering me for tomorrow. We are going to the beach, which is quite a busy place on Saturday so that's good. A few hours ago the guy started texting about skinny dipping, which made me feel sort of uncomfortable and I just kind of laughed it off but now it won't leave my mind because I get insecure that I'm being too naive again about this comment.. Is he just being flirty, is he serious, is he joking, should I be worried and extra cautious, yeah I'm going way too far into this.
What does it sound like to you guys? Am I being paranoid or would it be naive not to think like this?

Oh for God's sakes.

Please get laid. Enjoy your youth.

Stop overthinking everything and throwing up walls against joy.

okay... going to the beach in the Netherlands in January? and skinny dipping? ..... sure, i haven't been to the Netherlands myself, but it is still next to Germany isn't it?

Well shrinkage may be an issue...

I also am intrigued by any people who would have a beach party anywhere in England or continental Europe in January.

Sorry. Hang on. My bells are ringing.

i won't even go out of my house when it's below 0 deg Celsius.

Hahaha I'm in Scotland now, which is even worse than the Netherlands. I don't think he was actually serious about that, but maybe trying to say something in a subtle way, just like the 'can I see your apartment' lol.

Rareboy I do get what you're saying but I don't think I would enjoy getting laid after just one date with someone, that's probably why I am nervous about all this Wink

After how many dates would it be permissible for him to act flirty if he likes you?

A text about skinny dipping sounds pretty harmless to me. I think you should go, be open to having a good time, and see what happens.

JackBoneTX Wrote:After how many dates would it be permissible for him to act flirty if he likes you?
Not very many, I should think. It's all to do with the chemistry of the date, the couple, the relationship.

JackBoneTX Wrote:After how many dates would it be permissible for him to act flirty if he likes you?

Ouch did I sound that harsh? I didn't mean to. If it is acting flirty I'd think that is something nice, I'm just scared it was a hint that meant that he is expecting sex and nothing else, while to me sex is the only thing that isn't going to happen tomorrow.