Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrusting into the 21st Century
So I got an iPhone 6 today. My previous phone was a flip phone. I've avoided the whole smart phone thing cause... rebellion. Or whatever.

The only thing I could think of as I was walking out of the store is how eager I am to jump on Grindr. But I've heard these things do other things too. Anyone have any app recommendations to make my life better?

No suggestion. I had (past tense) a flip phone, but decided to go late 19th century and stick with landland. Next stop - Telegraph!

:biggrin:

Smoke signals peace pipes and third eyes

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:No suggestion. I had (past tense) a flip phone, but decided to go late 19th century and stick with landland. Next stop - Telegraph!

:biggrin:

I actually admire that. I'm really scared that I'm going to become one of those people that never look up from their pocket computer. I have all my life organized in a little notebook I carry everywhere, and when it gets full, I get a new one. I keep the old ones. I have a bunch, they actually act like little time capsules.

Now I won't need em, which is sad. So I might stick with them.... now I'm just rambling. I don't know, I still feel conflicted. I like simplicity, but I'm also weak and given to temptation when it comes to new toys...

You're doing alright and you're gonna be juuuuuuuust gayer.

Wade Wrote:I actually admire that. I'm really scared that I'm going to become one of those people that never look up from their pocket computer. I have all my life organized in a little notebook I carry everywhere, and when it gets full, I get a new one. I keep the old ones. I have a bunch, they actually act like little time capsules.

Now I won't need em, which is sad. So I might stick with them.... now I'm just rambling. I don't know, I still feel conflicted. I like simplicity, but I'm also weak and given to temptation when it comes to new toys...

I have pocket paper notebooks as well. They work perfectly well and have served me well for decades. Well for longer than you have been alive :tongue:

IF you become a techno zombie....

[Image: 5311d28b842d4.jpeg]

I'll still love you.... Wavey

A smart phone would be nice, but I can't afford it. I suppose I am stuck with my simple pay as you go phone for calls only, unless someone has a better idea. ??
I bid NO Trump!

I took the leap too, but I went to a slider phone to a smartphone. I don't know what apps to recommend though, I usually get dumb stuff, like the remote control app that lets you control your tv and see what's on.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I'm still on iPhone4 and trying to stay on until 35 or 40 comes out. ... until then I'm happy.

..... and I can't suggest any dating apps and am still trying to find people who have overall positive experiences with them.

When they come out with a voice stress analyzing app to help cut out the BS and lies on the dating apps Grindr and Whatsapp will have to close down.

First thing to do is get Google Chrome.
Second thing to do is turn off click sounds.
Third thing to do is learn that the off button on the top has multiple functions; hold in for off, press once for standby, press simultaniously with big-button to take a screenshot.
Fourth thing to know is how to save power. By double tapping the big-button you access your process list. By dragging processes up you stop them, otherwise they run in the background full time.