Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's finally done
So as I posted the other day coming out to my family would be hard.
And it was.

My stepbrother who is also gay, came out 4 years ago and our parents haven't spoken too him since. Today, at our fortnightly family breakfast I decided it was time to tell them about my sexuality and who I really am. As expected they didn't take it too well calling me a failure, a joke, and a liar. That I was only doing it because my stepbrother did it. i have been told too not make contact with them until I get over this "phase" in my life and relise homosexuality is wrong.
I am happy about who I am and proud of who I am. Now I've come out to them I feel that I have nothing to hide anymore, from anyone.
It's been the best thing I have ever done!
thanks everyone for the advice the last couple of days!! It's been a massive help.

Congratulations on taking the big step. Sounds like it went how you predicted. Stay close to your step brother.

If you want to make contact with your parents, do it. If they choose not to communicate back, that's their problem, not yours. Don't buy into their preconditions; it's stupid.

Semaj Wrote:So as I posted the other day coming out to my family would be hard.
And it was.

My stepbrother who is also gay, came out 4 years ago and our parents haven't spoken too him since. Today, at our fortnightly family breakfast I decided it was time to tell them about my sexuality and who I really am. As expected they didn't take it too well calling me a failure, a joke, and a liar. That I was only doing it because my stepbrother did it. i have been told too not make contact with them until I get over this "phase" in my life and relise homosexuality is wrong.
I am happy about who I am and proud of who I am. Now I've come out to them I feel that I have nothing to hide anymore, from anyone.
thanks everyone for the advice the last couple of days!! It's been a massive help.

Keep your head up.....and remember one thing as you go forward that will help you 'til the day you die...
[COLOR="Red"]
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one....
[/COLOR]

Personally I think it is much better to be hated for who you are then loved for who you aren't....

Good Job..I am happy for you!Love2

Thanks east

That's what I call a wise move... as long as you feel absolutely no guilt about it, then congratulations Smile Wink

Congrats !!! It is so awesome that you was able to come out like that . I am sorry that it did not go better for you tho . But you can move forward now and that is great Smile

Semaj Wrote:So as I posted the other day coming out to my family would be hard.
And it was.

Congratulations on taking this huge and difficult step! I'm really happy for you and glad you're in a positive place about it all. You mentioned that you feel proud - you definitely have every right to be!

I think most of us would agree - it's MUCH better out here.

Thanks everyone for the support. It feels great to be out and walk around with my head held high with pride. Things didn't go my way but sometimes they don't, I can completely be myself now and that's better than anyone's approval!

Well done. Your family are sadly the ones who lose out here.

The great news is that you and your step brother now have more in common than ever....

Hopefully, they will start to re-think their position on homosexuality...but if they are just willfully ignorant and close themselves off from your love, then there isn't much anyone can do.

You can now concentrate on finding family and friends who love you for everything you are instead of in spite of who you are.

Well, tbh, not everything in you're life is gonna flow as smoothly as a fresh quart of motor oil. There's gonna be some "sludge" that will clog your freely flowing system. This is one them. But here's the thing. ITS THEIR PROBLEM. Not yours. They are being the selfish, childish ones here. Live life like how YOU wanna, bud. If you're not happy, then well......life's gonna much more difficult.

I'm gonna be honest again. My parents, were alright with it. I mean, my mom wasn't thrilled. She doesn't care about the gay part, she's just afraid for me. Life's gonna be harder. More "dangerous". Whatever. So I understand what you're going through, to a point.

I see you and your step brother getting much more closer in the near future. You guys need support from each other.

Whatever happends, I feel for you. I'm sorry that it happened this way, but you will feel much more free after actually letting this thing free. I wish you all the luck in the world man <3