Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignore?
Ok, so... I've heard it mentioned before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where it is if GS actually has the feature.

IS there a way to put a person on ignore? Not just in PMs, but also so i could no longer see their posts on the forums?

Usually I'm very good at "selective hearing" or rather "selective sight", but the skill seems to be a bit lacking at the moment.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Ok, so... I've heard it mentioned before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where it is if GS actually has the feature.

IS there a way to put a person on ignore? Not just in PMs, but also so i could no longer see their posts on the forums?

Usually I'm very good at "selective hearing" or rather "selective sight", but the skill seems to be a bit lacking at the moment.

Hi TwistheLeaf,

send a private message to Andy about it. He will be able to help you block the person. Smile

Ah. Ok. I thought there was an actual function somewhere. Thanks man.

Hey Twist! Go to your user page and hit the tab CUSTOMIZE PROFILE and then in the list on the left use the EDIT IGNORE LIST....then add name. Make sure you have the correct spelling! See if that works...if not...get back to me Smile

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] ... Thanks man. That did the trick.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] ... Thanks man. That did the trick.
Cool! Glad it worked

Go to the person's profile and click on "user lists" which appears just below their profile pic or where the profile pic would be if they do not have one and then click on "add to ignore list." It unfortunately has its limitations. The person's name still appears in threads and it says in the space where their post would be something like "you can not see this because this person is on your ignore list." If someone quotes the person, you will still see their post. There is also a function you find at the top of every thread under the tab "thread tools" to "ignore thread," a function I would be more interested in that than ignoring a person. Unfortunately that function does not seem to work. The thread still appears on the front page and on the list within thread categories.

Thank you Iceblink, that's very useful information that has already been put to use.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] ... Thanks man. That did the trick.

Well now I'm just dying to know who you put on the 'ignore' list.......hopefully not me......

I must still be new here - I haven't run into anything on the forums here that seems to even suggest that ignoring is a good idea. Smile

I could assume it was me that was put on ignore, but that'd be kind of egotistical. Or I could assume it WASN'T me that was put on ignore...and that would ALSO be kind of egotistical. Smile

Lex