Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Beyonce vs Beck statistics for Kanye
So Kanye made a douche of himself again. A blogger has made some points for him to take a look at about Beyonce's album and Beck's album:

-Number of individuals credited on the album (excluding the artist):
Beyonce: 74
Morning Phase: 15

-Number of Producers:
Beyonce: 16
Morning Phase: 1

And my personal favorite,
-Number of instruments (not vocals) performed by the artist on the album:
Beyonce: 0
Morning Phase: 15

http://imgur.com/gallery/AxppoWI

LOL..so he did it again...eh?

I have to say something about Beyoncé. In case you didn't notice.....I am a huge fan of black performers...but I can t' stand Beyoncé for the same reason I couldn't stand Whitney Houston or Donna Summer....All image...no soul....

My favorite thing about the black women I like (Chaka Khan/Patti Austin/Patti Labelle/Gladys Knight/ Aretha Franklin/Tina Turner/Jill Scott/Sade/Anita Baker/Diana Ross/Rachelle Farrell/ Stephanie Mills/Mary J Blige/Natalie Cole/Bettye LaVette/Fantasia/Tracy Chapman/Joan Armatrading/Randy Crawford..ect ect ect)....they all become a part of their music...they all have soul and spirit and most likely have lived whatever they are talking about.....you can feel it....

Beyoncé is pure image...I feel nothing at all from her...cold as ice...the only time I ever liked her was when she was doing a tribute for Tina Turner....she reminds me of a pod person. Her talent is imitation.

People take this little twat way to seriously.

'Nuff said
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Kanye is a buffoon and he's relishing all of this attention (again again again).

I get that Kanye did it as a joke.....

But it was sweet seeing Beck's quiet little comeback nail it. We'll all be listening to the music Beck made this year long after we can't even remember what pop fluff Beyonce yodeled out on her opus.

Great info Iceblink!!!!!!!! I copied that to mash in some faces of people I know who think Kanye was right.

The info you posted really defines how I feel about music versus talentless organized noise done by people who play no instruments and can't even read sheet music. Take away their artificial /virtual instruments and they are nothing but grocery store cashiers and stock boys.

My dad gave me an appreciation of music talent over formulated pop hits. He calls talentless people like Beyonce with good singing voices, organic instruments. Elvis wrote and recorded one song in his lifetime and was bad on guitar. He makes fun of "Whitney Carey and Moriah Houston" and all the singers like them.
That's one reason I like such a wide variety of real music and hardly listen to people like Beyonce and Kuntye West. All image and no substance.

Beck's song "Loser" made a big impression on me at 6. hahaha. I remember riding in my brother's car listening to that many days after school. After classes today I had to drive 120 miles on errands... and I can't do that without good music. Maroon 5, Procol Harum Live in Edmonton, Tori Amos, Queen, Prince Controversy, Eric Church, Gloriana, and the Sleepy Man Banjo Band... I listen for originality and talent.... screw genres.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just read what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] said about Beyonce & others .. "all image, no soul." That's pretty much what I said, "all image, no substance." I do most of my music choices the same way I do movies. I depend on thinking people to give me suggestions rather than follow what's popular with the nonthinking crowds.

I've noticed that it's all Kanye bitching about it, too. Which means Beyonce needs somebody to do that for her, too.

...that said, it's my belief that twenty years from now, the Beyonce album will be regarded as a classic, and the Beck album will be regarded as "that mellow folky one that isn't Sea Change".

Lex

Where was the Grammy for The Information!?

Oh right. The Dixie Chicks

Lexington Wrote:I've noticed that it's all Kanye bitching about it, too. Which means Beyonce needs somebody to do that for her, too.

...that said, it's my belief that twenty years from now, the Beyonce album will be regarded as a classic, and the Beck album will be regarded as "that mellow folky one that isn't Sea Change".

Lex

lol............possibly.........

I wonder if Kanye is just being racist.

I'm not a fan of rap or hip-hop, so have no barometer for what's good or not, but I have heard resentment that some black artists resent white intrusion into their genre. This is a continuation of the same complaint that Elvis appropriated a black medium and simply sold it to white folks.

Or . . . maybe it's just another lame publicity stunt by an artist in an edgy genre who has no edge.