Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can you take on a plane?
What can you take on a plane?

I mean things like bottles of shower gel etc??

and hand baggage??

With new rules in place for flying, you are not allowed to have any liquids in carry on luggage (including toothpaste, shampoo, and shaving cream). You can still have it in your cargo baggage. You probably aren't allowed anything shard like scissors or nail clippers on the plane either. Just use your judgement, and perhaps even call the airport to find out more.

Are you flying EasyJet to Madrid, sweetlad?

You can carry your toiletries in the bag that you check in. As for hand luggage, EJ allow you to take on whatever you can carry in one bag that conforms to a specified size. You may carry liquids, but each liquid you carry must be in a container of less than 100ml and your collection of liquids and potions must all fit into a single sealable see-through plastic bag which you present separately from your carry on bag. I would suggest that, to avoid any hassle at security (and you can get a lot of it), you make sure you've put everything you don't actually need for the trip in your suitcase which you will have checked in.

PM me if you think I can give you any more info. I fly every month.

Well do dude..

I'm not sure what airline we're going but its probably EasyJet though!!

It is easyjet...

I like flying Easyjet

I love that free for all scramble when you try to get on the plane, one day we all scrambled for the plane to Gran Canaries and was waiting and waiting, suddenly I felt this hand touching my arse and I though OI OI I'm being felt up here.

It took me a little while to realise it was my own hand

[Image: noway.gif]

Star Twister Wrote:I like flying Easyjet

I love that free for all scramble when you try to get on the plane, one day we all scrambled for the plane to Gran Canaries and was waiting and waiting, suddenly I felt this hand touching my arse and I though OI OI I'm being felt up here.

It took me a little while to realise it was my own hand

[Image: noway.gif]
Rofl

Personally I hate the scramble. Luton manages it quite well by roping off boarding groups into different queues, while Stansted still opts for the scrum. At Genève they are trying a new tactic of keeping people sitting until their boarding group is called. In effect nothing is different. The Swiss have a respect for rules which just confuses British people and for which the French have a healthy disregard. Wink It is still a scrum with people in group B standing right at the front, in the way of others (mainly me) trying to squeeze past. I give the new Geneva system a few weeks before they abandon it.

Of course they do it for the money, but I find the pay-to-push-in fare that EasyJet now offer as an extra most disagreeable. I think what I hate most about the scramble is the fact that I begin to feel competitive, something I dislike in myself and in others. :redface:

Hate to hijack (who am i kidding, i LOVE to hijack), if you'll excuse imagery again, but can i just vent about how irritating it is that knitting needles are, once-again, on the no-fly list?? except those nasty denise needles, but they're a NIGHTMARE to work with, and apparently crochet hooks have been similarly outlawed, except for really fat wooden and plastic ones.

Not wanting to sound demeaning or anything, but do knitters generally tend to be terrorists?? What am i gonna say, 'crash the plane or i'll drop a stitch!!'?? Seriously, there is no such thing as a hijacker who can do entrelac.

Hokay, so that's the rant over. U know there are all kinds of other things you may want to watch out for, i had a beautiful fountain pen taken off me by German airport security once. I pointed out that my ink refills could actually be ricin and how did they not know i didn't have garrotte wire in my shoelaces?? No prizes for guessing what they took off me next... That'll learn me to be cheeky.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:... That'll learn me to be cheeky.
It's sometimes a hard lesson to learn. I want to defend myself, but the only way to get through these checks with the minimum hassle is to be prepared (I generally know what is likely to set off the alarms and stir curiosity ... at last) and never answer back if they say something provocative. They can do whatever they damned-well like and you don't have any right to prevent the process.

Thankfully most people are more interested in the musical equipment I travel with (laptop, audio interface, hard drive, mini-keyboard controller, microphone) than in starting trouble (although for a bully who is having a bad day, being on airport security staff is a gift of a job :frown: ), but I still have to remove my belt and sometimes my shoes. The worst thing is the inconsistency. These days I just play safe and put everything in the trays. It's a total pain to have to empty a carefully packed bag, but worse still is the stress of waiting to be challenged.

lol! I got stuck in the seat though, my legs were so stiff after the flight I had to get some other people to pall me out of the f00king seat lol!