Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are bulldozing Mirkwood....
A picture is worth a thousand words... here is three thousand words.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=7238]

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=7239]

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=7240]

This is just the start.... I hear tell that they are getting over half the trees removed :eek:

Well that is 17 years of labor down the drain.

Perhaps sad... for the trees... perhaps a fitting end to a closed chapter. Seasons change. Leaves fall. Spring comes and awakens New acorns to spread their branches towards the sun.

A bittersweet lesson in life is you can't go back. Look forward and make the best of your new path.

sic transit gloria mundi.

I didn't mean to sound insensitive. I can totally relate to having places in my past that were comfort zones of my youth. Unfortunately they either no longer exist or are inaccessible. Many I don't even have photographs of to prove they ever really did exist (and sometimes makes me question if they were real or just made up in my dreams).

I was so determined to see it again that I once painstakingly re-created it in 3D software down to every detail and tree/bush/shrub I could remember. But who to show it to?

They are cutting down a lot of trees on a area of land near where I live as well , to make way to build more new houses ( not that we really need them ).

I have at least a sense of how you feel [MENTION=12444]Bowyn Aerrow[/MENTION]. The area where I grew up was all woods and fields; while I was away at college they bulldozed the woods where our fort, bike trails, etc., were, and built McMansions on 5-acre, chemically treated lots. Now new young families don't want that much property or responsibility so these houses are a hard sell. Maybe the land will return to its natural state sooner rather than later.

Sad to see those trees go. But New Mexico could use some more trees if you wanted to plant some new ones here.

they paved paradise....put up a parking lot.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

It's sad that no one will be able to see your hard work but I'm glad to hear you're in a better place now.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Too much drama, methinks. All change is not bad.

And 17 years are not "down the drain." Whatever maintenance you did was for the owner of that property, and presumably to his taste and at his request and preference. He no longer lives, and his arm does not reach from the grave to dictate the living.

If the current owner is doing something different, then he and/or she has payed for the privilege of that control. They likely paid dearly with a significant amount of their earnings for years and now want the property to fulfill their dreams, not the former owner's.

I sold a home earlier this month that I had paid a mortgage on for 25 years. It represented a large portion of my earnings for that time, and returned little monetarily for it. Yet, my money was not thrown down a rabbit hole, nor was I cheated of anything. The house provided me a home and peace of mind for about 13 years, and then my sister after me for another 10. I am not going to be disappointed if the new owners paint the house black or purple, or rip out the terraced flower beds I spent so long building. It is theirs. I'd hate to have anything I bought be controlled after the fact by the seller.

As for asphalt, the neighborhood is clearly residential and will more likely be landscaped in a manner consistent with the other nice homes in that area.

Finally, the notice and pics likely come from your ex, so it seems again ill-conceived to maintain contact with him considering your repeated posts about how much he has distressed you. The phone or email pics he has sent you seem to be again a textbook case of him being all too happy to supply you with a source of sadness and/or anxiety. Why do you do that?