Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg. Thank God there wasn't a cigarette lying here....
I smoked for 10 years from 2nd year university to the day that I had my forst pulmonary embolism.

But sitting here today....I swear that if there was a pack of cigs sitting by me....I would have lit one just to savour the smell of the tobacco freshily lit.

.....do any of you have the same thing happen every once in a rare while?

[Image: tumblr_muxt6ryifl1si0dqso1_500.gif]

I quit smoking many, many years ago, but my best friend is a smoker and on the rare occasion we go out to a bar, I will bum a smoke and savor it. A lot of people say exsmokers are the worst when it comes to nagging those who are still smoking. Not me. When I pass the people who are outside smoking when I go to in a bar or restaurant or pass someone in the street smoking, that aroma of the burning cigarette is like the best cologne I have ever smelled. I don't smoke because of the effects on health, but when I did smoke, many people's approach was to try and convince me I did not really like it. Wrong approach, because yes, I did like it. I liked it very much.

Bunch of quitters... Shameless.

:biggrin:

i never smoked. not once in my life. and i don't really understand what the appeal is at all.

Pot. Yeah. I love the smell of it. And the "taste" of it on the air.

I was only ever an occasional smoker of the stuff, but really enjoyed it and definitely miss it. I've been 'retired' from smoking weed for.... five years now? It conflicts (or rather the next-day effects of it) conflict with the entire purpose of my anti-depressant medication.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Pot. Yeah. I love the smell of it. And the "taste" of it on the air.

I was only ever an occasional smoker of the stuff, but really enjoyed it and definitely miss it. I've been 'retired' from smoking weed for.... five years now? It conflicts (or rather the next-day effects of it) conflict with the entire purpose of my anti-depressant medication.

The next day effects? What would you usually experience post-high the following day? I've been a cannabis user for a long time and never experienced any effects the following day. Even smoking so I can fall asleep.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

Doofus89 Wrote:The next day effects? What would you usually experience post-high the following day? I've been a cannabis user for a long time and never experienced any effects the following day. Even smoking so I can fall asleep.

Not everyone experiences them, from what I understand. But the "downer" effects of pot (it IS a depressant/sedative drug) affect me pretty significantly.

I spend a significant part of the next day feeling very "blah" and listless, and it can simulate the sensation of an oncoming, severe clinical depressive episode. During that day, all I want to do is escape into sleep, even if I'm fully rested and can't actually sleep. Physical activity doesn't help the issue, but instead just seems to make me physically and psychologically -ache- to curl up under the covers and retreat from the world.

My -guess- would be that it messes with my serotonin or norepinephrine levels, which then causes the "hangover" effect I'm referring to.

Hmm, interesting. Clinical studies are and have been going on for quite sometime on the effects of Cannabis use and anti-depressive meds. My guess, is it's a neurological thing. Like, for me (especially) if I haven't smoked in a while, the "high" effects my speech impediment, as slight as it is, I often pause for a second in the middle of sentences. I'm almost certain it has something to do with the adderall I was on for about ten years and then abruptly stopped taking. The "high" can virtually render me unable to speak at times and when I am able to speak I pause a lot more in my sentences.

I know this is like comparing apples and oranges, but It's, nonetheless, interesting how it effects you. Effectively, sparking me to do a little research of my own on the matter.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

I've never smoked but I love the smell of the cigarette smoke.

I hate smoking. I keep having my 'last pack' but then I convince myself to buy another one, which makes me feel shit so I get drunk. I'm lucky that I no longer enjoy it, but I keep doing it anyway. It makes me shake at night. Maybe that's the withdrawal rather than the actual smoking. Last week, I had a particularly doomy night when I was shaking and in a bit of pain and I hated myself for what I'd done to myself. At first, I had the odd one but when I left home, I kept convincing myself to smoke. I started to view cigarettes as my friends, not because I thought they were good for me, but they provided companionship. Now, I'm over that. I think I got past that when I realised how good it is to just breathe. You can sit there, drink herbal tea and take small breaths through your nose. There are days when I have to bribe myself to get up out of bed, which often results in cigarettes and alcohol. I should just go for a swim instead. I haven't swam in months. I started swimming during the summer and realised that my body/lungs aren't beyond redemption, which was good.

There are better ways to kill yourself than by smoking. I should take up drugs.