Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish much?
Here's the thing, we met online almost a year ago on the 14th of june the day after my birthday. He holds every character trait I look for in a man, and the pics that he sends me belong to someone who happens to be exactly my type... Couldn't ask for more.
At first, we literally kept chatting everyday for two months straight, each day we chat for an hour or two non-stop. The bond was intense so much that I forgot about my surroundings and got sucked into my phone, only speaking to him. Feelings grew and we started to care about each other, listen to each other problems and support each other on everything. I liked him so much that he actually inflicted an impact upon me. Without him, I don't think I was able to get over my flaws and insecurities and have my confidence back. He literally was a turning point in my life which is sad because it all happened online.
I am willing to believe everything about him, except for his pics. They are pretty mysterious and not only to me but to the other thousand people who I asked to make sure I'm right. He also claims to be doing his studies majoring in History for his "doctorate" in Boston university... And he is 26 yrs old.
My buddy [MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION] helped me find out more about him when he did his research in the univs of the US but found no record of him in that univ or any other univ in the US... *Creepy*
I asked him to skype and stuff but he comes up with this excuse "My family, work and school take up my life"... Yea, right! And my school isn't? And still I find time to reach him... Seriously? I'm not stupid, I already know he is a huge catfish. I don't even know how to react when I know it's not him 100% or when he comes clean to me, should I act surprised or do I throw the "Oh, I already know'' card??
Hence, I felt the urge to come vent to you guys about this, maybe help me find out who he is or just who is in the pictures for that matter?? Maybe someone came across one of those pics online... Sure, I am interested to know who I am talking to but I am more interested to know who is/ are in these pics.

*I'll be posting more pics since I can only upload 5 per thread*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have an e-mail for him? Try googling it and see where that leads you. Google his phone number too.

Try reverse searching the images... Most catfish images are commonly used and should display results... If lucky enough, it could give you details about the image and the person in it.

Just drag and drop the image in the search box and it will begin the search. Just make sure you are on Google Images and not Google Web

Borg69 Wrote:Do you have an e-mail for him? Try googling it and see where that leads you. Google his phone number too.

Did that, didn't work.. unfortunately!

HuggieBear Wrote:Try reverse searching the images... Most catfish images are commonly used and should display results... If lucky enough, it could give you details about the image and the person in it.

Just drag and drop the image in the search box and it will begin the search. Just make sure you are on Google Images and not Google Web

Did that also, and didn't work... I have tried everything I could, I was thinking maybe there was someone with advanced research skills who could help me lol

verysimple Wrote:Did that also, and didn't work... I have tried everything I could, I was thinking maybe there was someone with advanced research skills who could help me lol

O.o That's strange...

I'm not finding anything.

But there's no way that those aren't professional modelling photos.

And of course, he probably isn't 26 and doing a doctorate in history.

The question is...does it really matter to you? I wouldn't have the patience to put up with a fake, but he (?) seems to have filled a need for you.

I also doubt if he/she will ever confess that they've been catfishing you.

Rareboy Wrote:I'm not finding anything.

But there's no way that those aren't professional modelling photos.

And of course, he probably isn't 26 and doing a doctorate in history.

The question is...does it really matter to you? I wouldn't have the patience to put up with a fake, but he (?) seems to have filled a need for you.

I also doubt if he/she will ever confess that they've been catfishing you.

I guess it is admirable how long i have waited to try and figure him out... All What matters to me now is knowing the truth, that is considered to be my right since like you said he filled a need for me and we have a past together... I shared things with him I never share with anyone else, So I gotta know who he is and the man in those pix

verysimple Wrote:I guess it is admirable how long i have waited to try and figure him out... All What matters to me now is knowing the truth, that is considered to be my right since like you said he filled a need for me and we have a past together... I shared things with him I never share with anyone else, So I gotta know who he is and the man in those pix

It's gotta happen so that i can finally move on knowing what's up

Borg69 Wrote:Do you have an e-mail for him? Try googling it and see where that leads you. Google his phone number too.

verysimple Wrote:Did that, didn't work.. unfortunately!

Does his phone number match the geographic location he says he's in/from?