Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is chocolate good for you? The pros and cons
So, for you chocaholics, it's dark chocolate if you want to ease your concience.

http://nutritionexpert.healthspan.co.uk/...ign=EYMAC6
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

all chocolate is good if it's drizzled over a man and waiting to be licked off......

is it suddenly hot in here? *fans self*
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Dark chocolate is a gulity pleasure for me...I am not addicted to it.....and only have a bar maybe once or twice a month....I love it with raspberry or orange in it. My BF buys the Fair Trade dark cholocate bars at Trader Joes and eats them slowly...a few squares here and there ...

Milk chocolate makes me gag...I seriously dislike it...

Oh, please, let it be good for me.... oh, please, let it be good for me... oh, please, let it be good for me!!!

CellarDweller Wrote:all chocolate is good if it's drizzled over a man and waiting to be licked off......

is it suddenly hot in here? *fans self*

Oh sweet jesus Drool-smiley

East Wrote:Dark chocolate is a gulity pleasure for me...I am not addicted to it.....and only have a bar maybe once or twice a month....I love it with raspberry or orange in it. My BF buys the Fair Trade dark cholocate bars at Trader Joes and eats them slowly...a few squares here and there ...

Milk chocolate makes me gag...I seriously dislike it...

Ah, a man after my own taste. I love 86% cocao chocolate but as a diabetic I eat is very seldom. Remember what the article says; don't crunch and swallow, allow it to dissolve in your mouth, That way you appreciate the full flavour.

LONDONER Wrote:Ah, a man after my own taste. I love 86% cocao chocolate but as a diabetic I eat is very seldom. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Remember what the article says; don't crunch and swallow, allow it to dissolve in your mouth, That way you appreciate the full flavour.
[/COLOR]

VERY good advice. Now, about the chocolate...
I bid NO Trump!

I let the dark chocolate melt in my mouth...I swirl my tongue around it and lick it...gently...

Sometimes I suck a little bit harder...but I never use my teeth...it is so rude...and unnecessary...

It is always best with dark chocoate in your mouth to savor the taste....and to keep it there as long as possible..

As for the diabetes...I have it as well and I am lucky I think because neither fruit nor the sugar from dark chocolate or ice cream really make my numbers go up....

If the sugar has any flour with it (like cake or pie)...or things like popcorn/potatoes/rice/bread...that is when my numbers rise. I experimented and kept a journal...still do. Today...my number was 98...and I had two of the Pecan bars from Mexico...they are so damn good...

East Wrote:As for the diabetes...I have it as well and I am lucky I think because neither fruit nor the sugar from dark chocolate or ice cream really make my numbers go up....

If the sugar has any flour with it (like cake or pie)...or things like popcorn/potatoes/rice/bread...that is when my numbers rise. I experimented and kept a journal...still do. Today...my number was 98...and I had two of the Pecan bars from Mexico...they are so damn good...

Wow! 98. That's below the maximum recommended. I don't keep a journal but recently, cutting out a lot of carbohydrate, even my staple brown rice, have gone down from 201 to 129 and thought I was doing pretty well.

LJay Wrote:VERY good advice. Now, about the chocolate...

Mmmm, I thought someone might pick up on that.