Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm Jason!
Hi everyone,
My name is Jason. I was born in Romania, but was brought to the US when I was a baby. I'm a pretty laid back guy. Like to watch movies, go find adventure, and work. I am a college professor of Anatomy & Human Sexuality. I am also a Male Sexuality therapist part time. I've been out of college for two years (started at 19), and now I enjoy not having to study or meet deadlines.

Hey Jason! Welcome to GS! Smile Are you from Salinas in CA or a Salinas somewhere else?

It must be interesting teaching human sexuality....

Welcome to GS. Smile

Welcome. I feel the need to give you another deadline. I expect another topic created from you by Tuesday! ^_^

Yes, I live in Salinas California. Smile
Sexuality is much like a technologically advanced computer that has been sent to you from the far future without an instruction manual. Learning sexuality and how it correlates with psychology is the tricky part. I think the hardest part for every person learning human sexuality is the fact that we can not categorize someone's sexual identity, they have to do the labeling. For instance, how would you label a man that was thoroughly attracted to a pre-operative transgender woman? Would he be considered bisexual because of his attraction to her penis? Most would definitely just label him as "gay". But as you dig deeper into the meaning of sexual attraction, genitalia plays a very little role in orientation categorizing. I think I chose Human Sexuality not only because I am gay, but because it is so complex I will never stop learning.

Hello, Jason. Welcome to GS!Wavey

JVelagarraiPhD Wrote:Yes, I live in Salinas California. Smile
Sexuality is much like a technologically advanced computer that has been sent to you from the far future without an instruction manual. Learning sexuality and how it correlates with psychology is the tricky part. I think the hardest part for every person learning human sexuality is the fact that we can not categorize someone's sexual identity, they have to do the labeling. For instance, how would you label a man that was thoroughly attracted to a pre-operative transgender woman? Would he be considered bisexual because of his attraction to her penis? Most would definitely just label him as "gay". But as you dig deeper into the meaning of sexual attraction, genitalia plays a very little role in orientation categorizing. I think I chose Human Sexuality not only because I am gay, but because it is so complex I will never stop learning.

Ah...very interesting....I have written a lot about this here....it certainly IS more complex than anyone realizes.....

I tell people I am attracted to men who have an equal amount of male and female energy...I am attracted to women with the same energy..but I am not bisexual....

The most I can do is 60/40 or 40/60 split..anything less and I am not sexually compatible.

As for Salinas...I am in love with Salinas...I adore John Steinbeck and the whole vibe...I go shopping there at least once a week...and I eat at Phils in Moss Landing a lot so I usually go by Salinas on my way....

I want to live in Monterey though..eventually. It is my favorite place in the world.

Are you willing to educate us? I have a ton of questions….

But, in any case, welcome to GS!

Wavey

welcome to the forum!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hello and welcome to the group ! I am glad that you are here Smile