Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take it at face value?
There was a thread just posted asking a very good question, and there was always this one statement that I could never really wrap my around.

When someone outright tells you "I'm falling for you", what does that mean?

Is it a way of saying I think I like you but I don't really know?
Is it just a way of trying to keep someone around by telling them something they want to here?

For me, I shows that the person had interest in whatever is going on there. More so than anything that's happened on a first date. But then again, the person might not be willing to go all the way into a relationship.....yet.

Your thoughts? Smile

Another good question.....

When I hear I am falling for you...my first reaction is HORROR....but that is my own personal "thing"....

If someone really is falling for me...best to figure out NOT to tell me ...LOL

I think it means that they might be interested in a relationship...or that they might be falling in love.....which might be good news I guess if you feel the same

SHOman93 Wrote:When someone outright tells you "I'm falling for you", what does that mean?
OMFG, you haven't ASKED him what he means by it yet? If I didn't feel like I knew, first words out of my mouth after hearing that would be, "What do you *mean* by that?"

But, yeah, why NOT take it at face value? You don't believe that could be true for him? You think it might be some kind of deception or manipulation, telling you what he thinks you want to hear? Why would he do that? What's in it for him one way or the other whether you think he's falling in love with you?

I no get it.

But it is TRUE that hearing those words CAN (as in [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION]'s case) illicit an unwanted reaction. For me that's because my family were always using the fact that they "loved" me as a manipulative tactic. "Mike we love you and want the best for you, that's why we fuck with your head day and night, to get you to think STRAIGHT" Rolleyes

So, yeah, love... what the fuck is it anyway? MADNESS! :eek:

Unless they're a total dick, it means they're falling for you. Smile If it's someone that you have similar feeling for, then what the hell are you doing asking the internet about it for? Go get yours.

If it's someone you don't feel that way about... well... that's a bummer.

Which is it?

EDIT: Just read the first line of OP. Thought you were talking about someone specific. Ignore my whole post.

im the optimist.

If someone says "im falling for you," I would take it to mean that I like you enough to start saying how I feel.

if you kinda feel the same was and take it at "face value" as well, then let's take it keep "this" going on to see where it can lead.

you know? relationships don't happen overnight but like a building. it takes steps...personally, "I'm falling for you" means I'm laying down the foundation.

if you want to see it further, let's continue but if not, please tell me now so that I can move on and not "fall" for you further.

SHOman93 Wrote:When someone outright tells you "I'm falling for you", what does that mean?

Is it a way of saying I think I like you but I don't really know?
Is it just a way of trying to keep someone around by telling them something they want to here?

eh....''i'm falling for you'' has always had an unambiguous meaning to me --- that the person is falling in love with the one they're saying this to. it means they're becoming emotionally involved. and it's not an expression of uncertainty, on the contrary, it implies will and desire to explore and express what they feel and to give it a chance.

i don't really understand where the confusion is...
''Do I look civilized to you?''

To me, "I'm falling for you" is some overly romanticized premature way of saying "i love you" without saying i love you when you're still in that infatuation stage long before love should be mentioned.

Borg69 Wrote:To me, "I'm falling for you" is some overly romanticized premature way of saying "i love you" without saying i love you when you're still in that infatuation stage long before love should be mentioned.

I'm told that I'm too young to be so cynical, but the times I've heard that it was usually very early on and translated out to, Damn...I really want to get into your pants...

If someone said they were falling for me.

I'd give them a push to help them over the edge of the roof.

I have always known that the phrase "falling for you" meant that the individual is beginning to have feelings of affection for you. Just like the word "love"...I do have concerns when someone approaches me with this phrase and word when they may have just met me within a matter of days. The reason being is that I find this phrase as well as the word "love" as being very profound and powerful and when they are used so loosely and so freely...it draws concern for me.