Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trance
I think there are at least a dozen genres of trance. Which one is your preferred?
I'm listening to: https://youtu.be/9Uq7t6BfXDo?t=1m45s

I guess whatever Juno reactor and assemblage 23 are considered, I don't really listen to much trance outside of those two, besides i find noise and industrial to be much more relaxing :biggrin:

jaxc Wrote:I guess whatever Juno reactor and assemblage 23 are considered, I don't really listen to much trance outside of those two, besides i find noise and industrial to be much more relaxing :biggrin:

Share a song!

From the 90s when for a period of time trance was the music of choice in clubs:

^^^ I never knew what trance was before "officially" but now that I hear that....sounds like a Friday night at the gay nightclub in the late 80s/90s....never knew there was a name for it....

At the end when I used to go dancing by myself on Sundays....before I met my BF...the music I liked to dance to the most was this....

...and this....

are these trance

I love trance music! This is more hard trance, but I love this tune!

Another one I like Smile

Back when gay guys had taste in music and what mattered was getting lost in soul invigorating, blood pumping, emotive melodic music... Or music that was funky, colourful and had character...

...instead of needing every song to reaffirm that its "ok to be who we are" from a bunch of loud mouth screeching "gay icon" pop stars with monotonous pop songs.

Love these tunes. Wish i could find a local place that plays this stuff.

Iceblink Wrote:From the 90s when for a period of time trance was the music of choice in clubs:

The Mike Koglin remix of this is even better.

And every trance music video had a dude with a suitcase :p

Three Drives Greece 2000
ATB 9 til I Come
Darude Sandstorm...
Any others?

Heres another ledge tune:

Another stompin tune, but from the last couple of years. A return to that classic trance sound, though fans of Sub Focus seem to like calling this "drum and bass" or "dubstep", I assume because the snare is on the 3rd beat.