Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News Every one.
I had my EEG done today (sleep deprived, flashing lights, sedated to sleep a while) Guess who has epilepsy - What has two thumbs and is an Elf? Wavey

Anyway, that isn't actually the good news, or new news, I have known since around 1993 I have epilepsy.

The good news is that after the EEG the doctor had me sit in his office, he looked at reports, looked at my past two months of seizure log and pulled out a huge file - apparently he sent off to all of those other doctors who have treated me on an off with a shit load of different drugs over the past, oh decade or so...

He looked at me and said point blank, "Don't be surprised in two years when you have a driver's license."

Could have knocked me over with a feather.

Apparently this nasty drug he put me on which I have hated is actually working, and not just working on the grandmal, but the petit-mal (those which stole my driver's license away from me and have been 'untreatable'.

Further, in many cases similar to mine (about 80% of them) these new chemicals are affective in giving a person a 'normal' seizure free life. Unlike all of the old school antiseizure meds, the ones they use now actually do things that the old school ones didn't do - you know, stop seizures in their tracks.

Anyway, he showed me the squiggly lines, and showed me other squiggly lines and told me a lot of techno babble - I was barely paying attention since I was just too elated to hear that this long dark period of being a prisoner to my seizures may actually be over. But in his opinion he strongly feels my chances of getting a seizure free life in the next year is pretty damn high - high enough that I need to start thinking about my Brand New Car that the members of Gayspeak are of course going to buy me two years from now.... :tongue:

This also means that I don't have to worry about status-epilepticus again. As a few may recall, a couple years ago I had one and ended up in the ER room. I have had them before and have been 'lucky' to have someone find me in time to save me from the terminal part of this condition, since if left untreated a person can die.

I have been slightly scared to be on my own for a number of years because of this. Now that heavy burden is off my shoulders. I literally feel much lighter.

80% chance of success in medical terms is as close as one can get to a 'sure thing'.

Since my shot in my thorax region has actually removed the pain from that area (I've been standing straighter, sitting longer, walking longer, standing longer) I have high hopes that this shot therapy may actually give me back my back too.

This leaves the PTSD/Depression thing.

I started my first session with my new therapist this Monday. She started off right. We 'clicked' and she appears to get or understand the nature of my PTSD, or the underlying cause.

Which that part has always been a burden for me, since so many therapists don't want to admit that that stuff happens.

For instance (If Rainbow Mum still peeks in from time to time she will understand this) "programming" that many cults can do is something that this therapist understands and has helped other patients with.

Whilst I requested a therapist the End of February, and have waited this long, I think the wait was well worth it.

Maybe, just maybe - I will live long enough to have many nights without nightmares - maybe I can have days where I can not be triggered, panicked, anxiety attacked and all of the other stuff.

Fingers crossed.

(now watch, tomorrow I get hit by a bus - Facepalm)

Cheerleader2Cheerleader2Cheerleader2 Cheerleader2Cheerleader2 DanceDanceDanceDance YelclapYelclapYelclapYelclapYelclap BeerchugBeerchugBeerchug BeerchugBeerchug

I thought you were going to say that Futurama is coming back.

I have seen my mum(my) having grand mal seizures and thought "Glad that's not me." Well, I'm glad it hopefully won't be you, either.

Good for you. I cannot imagine how horrible to must be to have seizure.

fantastic news, congrats!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

That's great news! What a huge breakthrough for epilepsy. I have a friend who's son gets them all the time. She has him on 24hr watch. What is the med that you are using? I would like to suggest it to her.

Great news BA! Thumbgrin Light at the end of the tunnel for you at long last!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO happy for you!
((((BIG HUGS!!!))))
~Beaux

I am very happy for you BA...you deserve some good news for a change...glad you got some!

Well, that is good news! Hope all goes the way you need it to! Sending positive thoughts to you.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!