Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick question
I didn't really think this was a thread worthy question but it has been on my mind all day. should I risk outing myself for a potential mate in a macho homophobic environment. there's a couple guys at work I caught checking me out and I know one of them is gay but most of the people I work with are homophobic. I would love to finally be with someone but I don't think I could handle the stress or worse if he was already taken or didn't want to date and I outed myself for nothing. at first being out at work was the last thing I wanted to do but I'm starting to get a little lonely and desperate.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

You can go out with him without coming out at work. Just ask him if he wants to get a beer after work. Let things unfold outside of the office.

But remember, it's always risky to date someone from work in case things get weird. Is there really no where else you can find someone to date?

What Camfer said. ^^^

And that includes the work related issues. Dating someone from work is a BAD idea. It is ALWAYS a BAD idea. It just is.

Camfer Wrote:You can go out with him without coming out at work. Just ask him if he wants to get a beer after work. Let things unfold outside of the office.

But remember, it's always risky to date someone from work in case things get weird. Is there really no where else you can find someone to date?

Well I haven't tried any dating apps yet, but the guys are hot Wink I guess I could try some other options out first.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Patience young Skywalker !
Patience is an amazing tool when learning personalities.

Right now you're being checked out...
Keep your eyes and ears open...Time will reveal who is who and if they are worth getting to know.

Or you could show up to work in a pair of ass-less chaps?

[MENTION=13830]ceez[/MENTION], you don't have to start it by coming out (to him or anybody else). start with trying to befriend him/get to know him more. if you two have no common ground to build on, it's doubtful he's a dating material for you anyway.

or else, if you're sure he's gay, you could just ask him out. maybe do it outside the work environment?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:And that includes the work related issues. Dating someone from work is a BAD idea. It is ALWAYS a BAD idea. It just is.

not true. i know plenty successful examples. including myself.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

^^^^^
Are you an example?
Or an exception..?

ceez Wrote:Well I haven't tried any dating apps yet, but the guys are hot Wink I guess I could try some other options out first.

Well dating apps aren't the best but possibly could work.

Is there anywhere place in real life outside of work you can meet guys? OK, so the guy at work is hot. Surely there must be plenty of guys around you think are hot.

If taking a chance with a co-worker is going to stress you out, try other options first. You don't need to create stress for yourself.