Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MENSA puzzle
For those of you who don't know, MENSA is an orgabisation of people with very high IQs.

Here's a puzzle that has confounded even the brightest among us.

You are on a Horse, galloping at a constant speed.

On your right side is a sharp drop off.

And on your left side is an Elephant traveling at the same speed as you.

Directly in front of you is a galloping Kangaroo and your horse is ​unable to overtake it.

Behind you is a Lion running at the same speed as you and the Kangaroo.

What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

I'll give the answer once five people have posted their answers.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hop on over to the elephant, unless elephants are way taller than horses. Then jump off the other side, but if elephants are really tall, then you could hurt yourself. You could grab the kangaroo by the neck and toss it back towards the lion. Or maybe jump diagonally backwards from the horse. Horses look tastier than humans. If I were a lion, if go straight for the horse and ignore the human.

I hate these puzzles, my way of thinking is somewhere in left field and I see way to many possibilities. You could jump off the horse onto the elephant or dodge the kangaroo or just jump off the horse and let them all run into each other or speed up and get out of the way, and what weapons do I have? what about shooting the lion and kangarooSig or maybe do nothing because it's a very slim chance this would ever happen.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Well if none of the animals were accelerating or decelerating then technically the safest option is to just wait.
Horses do have much greater endurance than lions.

I doubt that's the answer your looking for though seems a little literal.

I think the answer is to accept that you're insignificant compared to the universe or even the earth and that it means fuck all if you die.

Good guesses but none correct so far. The answer is much simpler.

I googled it. That answer's shit.

As long as everybody is going at precisely the same speed, the situation isn't "highly dangerous" and doesn't warrant any change. I supposed the real answer is that I'm on some sort of weird amusement park ride, but even if it is, the answer is the same - stay where you are, because you're safer staying put. Smile

Lex

OK, I'll put everyone out of their misery although you'll probably hate me for it. The answer is:

Get your drunken arse off the merry-go-round!

nothing. keep going as you are. because lions are terrible runners. they can do it for a brief period but they get exhausted quickly. so they won't be able to keep up with you for long. since the lion is going at the same velocity as you you do nothing. wait till it gets tired and gives up the chase.
''Do I look civilized to you?''