Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etoro tribe
The Etoro are a tribe in Papua New Guinea. Their territory comprises the southern slopes of Mt. Sisa, along the southern edge of the central mountain range of New Guinea, near the Papuan Plateau. They have gained notoriety among anthropologists because of the ritual homosexuality practiced between young boys and men of the tribe. The Etoro believe that young boys must ingest the semen of their elders to achieve adult male status and to properly mature and grow strong. All Etoro believe themselves to contain a certain amount of life force, the highest concentrations of which is supposedly contained in semen. This life force is believed to pass between members of the group through sexual relations. As mentioned, when young, males have it passed to them through sex. Women are seen to waste the life force if they do not get pregnant through sex. As people get older and their bodies weaken this is attributed to a depletion of their life force. Homosexual behavior, particularly oral sex, is encouraged throughout youth for males, with different sexual roles fulfilled by adolescents of different ages. Heterosexuality is permitted only during a distinct time period of the year (about 100 days).

How did I miss this thread?

Ah, the misspent days of youth!
I bid NO Trump!

amelia Wrote:The Etoro are a tribe in Papua New Guinea. Their territory comprises the southern slopes of Mt. Sisa, along the southern edge of the central mountain range of New Guinea, near the Papuan Plateau. They have gained notoriety among anthropologists because of the ritual homosexuality practiced between young boys and men of the tribe. The Etoro believe that young boys must ingest the semen of their elders to achieve adult male status and to properly mature and grow strong. All Etoro believe themselves to contain a certain amount of life force, the highest concentrations of which is supposedly contained in semen. This life force is believed to pass between members of the group through sexual relations. As mentioned, when young, males have it passed to them through sex. Women are seen to waste the life force if they do not get pregnant through sex. As people get older and their bodies weaken this is attributed to a depletion of their life force. Homosexual behavior, particularly oral sex, is encouraged throughout youth for males, with different sexual roles fulfilled by adolescents of different ages. Heterosexuality is permitted only during a distinct time period of the year (about 100 days).

Artist and author Tobias Schneebaum has written a couple books (Keeph The River on Your Right and Where The Spirits Dwell) I read twenty years ago or so. One of them dealt specifically with the Akaramas tribe (with whom he lived and developed a sexual/lover relationship with one of the tribesmen). I believe he also mentions the Etoro but I read them so long ago I'm not certain of that.

There was a documentary made about him some years ago, too. I believe the full feature is on YouTube.

For sure, contemporary humans have a very different view of sexuality than more archaic people, even contemporary ones. But the further you go back in history, the more obscure all that becomes. What we do know is that homosexuality has always been a human trait and that it has been both accepted and repudiated in various cultures throughout history.

Where can I sign up?Butter

$6,978 for a round trip ticket from FL To Papua ..

One way for $1896..

Hmm...

[Image: 2.mitai-maori-village-723098.jpg]

OMG!!!

Anocxu Wrote:[Image: 2.mitai-maori-village-723098.jpg]

OMG!!!
These 'savages' have nice tan-lines
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

^^^^^
Yes they do!

Anocxu Wrote:[Image: 2.mitai-maori-village-723098.jpg]

OMG!!!
Maoris. Much further south (New Zealand) not to be confused with the Etoro... I'm not sure that homosexuality is well considered among the Maori.

These are more likely to be from Papua New Guinea;
[Image: papua-new-guinea-men-waterfall_11840_600x450.jpg][Image: 1.2822085.jpg]
http://www.starrfmonline.com/1.2822091
You can read about it from the link just above.

The Etoro tribe’s semen-drinking ritual must rank as one of the world’s most bizarre rituals. It’s a ceremonial practice that encourages homosexual paedophilia, which most of the world find revolting, yet the practice itself is not sexual at all to the Etoro. While the Western world views semen as being a sexual byproduct, this is not exactly the case for the Etoro people.

Many cultures around the world have different rituals and traditions to become an adult. These different rituals are most commonly seen with the many different religious ceremonies performed when a child is coming of age. The Etoro tribe of South-Western Papua New Guinea have a ritual for boys who are becoming adults, but not too many people in the western world would be too keen to participate in this one. The boys of the Etoro tribe must consume semen to become men.

Why on Earth would boys of the Etoro tribe be forced to consume semen to be considered men? In order for an Etoro boy to become a man, he must drink the semen of elder men in the tribe. They believe that every individual has a vital force, and that the strongest concentration of this force is found in semen.

The boys are assigned a partner when going through the transition to adulthood. If a woman fails to fall pregnant, she is viewed as squandering the power of the semen.

The Etoto tribe’s semen-drinking ritual is not the only such ritual in Papua New Guinea. The Sambia people of the Eastern Highlands also have ritualised homosexuality and semen ingestion for pubescent boys to make the transition from boy to man.

The Etoro tribe semen-drinking ritual is simply a ritual that has no sexuality associated with it at all.