Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you aware of the germs around us?
If aliens were considering taking over our planet, they might think twice after seeing these warnings.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ss/sli...tXkCJUw%3d
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hahaha,,,, I loved this one....

When you seriously contemplate how to avoid picking up germs,,, you get to a point where your afraid to go anywhere or touch anything!!!

I have a lady friend who is a germaphobe and was afraid to buy a watermelon because of the germs it might have on the outside of it. I suggested she wipe it down with a sanitizing wipe before putting it in her shopping cart,,, and she was delighted with the idea that she now had a way to buy watermelon without getting sick!!!! She now carries hand sanitizer & sanitizing wipes with her everywhere she goes.

As for me,,,, I carry a gallon of bleach with me and slop, splash, or slosh some of it on whatever I'm about to touch.

Bleached Blond hands,,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

Up to a certain point germs are necessary and avoiding them completely is a useless occupation, they help us build up our immune system.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

i fucking hate kids. will go nowhere near water parks now that i have that information.

it's not the bacteria that bother me that much. i've read up on medical literature enough to know i have bacteria growing and crawling on my skin, in my gut, intestines, and that i wouldn't even be alive without bacteria. they're everywhere. it's from whom those bacteria come from, that bothers me. my lover? no problem. kids -- yuck, stay the fuck away from me!

and yeah, the restaurants and the bars don't wash their vegetables and fruit. it's an awful practice, but they don't do it. i've been involved with several night clubs and some of them have/had a restaurant/cafe in addition to the club. once one of the chefs was making me a sandwich and didn't wash the lettuce. i was standing right fucking there. i pointed it out to her, and she said the lettuce will become all watery and ''won't look good''. the fuck? i want clean food, i don't give a fuck what it looks like. of course, i didn't let that fly, but unless you have backstage control like that, you'll never know how clean the food you're ordering from the menu actually is. usually, it's not that clean, even at the best places.

this being said, most of those millions of microorganisms really are not a threat to you. even if they find a way into your body, your immune system will fight them off. it's a normal part of life, and will actually make you stronger. so there is no need to panic, but we shouldn't get lazy and ignorant about it either. control your kids, the walking screaming cesspools of dirt, and most of the people will be fine.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Haha..

One of the top twenty media stunts, Pulls, busters .. including articles about the newest iphone or a sex tape .. or which of your favourite foods can cause cancer and Germs..
Yup.. Germs makes headlines...

"A water park crawling with 1,000 kids can have 22 pounds of poop floating around, says Michele Hlavsva"

A water park can also have Semen, Murderers, Theives, Weapons ... Goats, Cows , Sheep...
Cadillacs, Porsches, Yugos...

Put the text you read in context..

The statements are sooo "general .."

The findings vs numbers are obviously estimated..

"A water park crawling with 1,000 kids can have 22 pounds of poop floating around"

What is missing in the above statement ?
??

Ratings = Concern , Excitement or Panic,

If you did the math on the statements in that arctic..
Swimming in public pools or parks =Death.

I am always aware of germs. This is why I frequently set fire to things around me to burn them all off.

Cobalt Wrote:I am always aware of germs. This is why I frequently set fire to things around me to burn them all off.
Cobalt Dahmer said what?

Yup well all our bodies contain big sacks of acid for exactly this reason.

Besides we're all basically big bags of Germs anyway. We have ten times more germ cells in our bodies than human cells.

There's this guy at my gym... college kid, real cutie... who carries a spray bottle of sanitizer and a towel around with him as he works out. Before he starts, he sprays and wipes down any piece of equipment he's about to touch and then does it again when he's finished.

OCD much? Rolleyes

Sometimes crippling so. But Im obsessed/terrified of it, and of disease in general. Its so fascinating to think of the invisible world around us... but its so unsettling.

One of my favorite sites on the entire internet is http://www.pathomap.org/map/ - the mapping of the microbiome of the nyc subway.