Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts -- Have You Ever Encountered One?
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Hi guys,

Question for you. Have you ever encountered a ghost/spirit? I say encountered because you can do much more than just SEE a ghost or spirit. If you have, please share your experiences. And please, only REAL encounters. If I want fiction I can go to Amazon. LOL I'll share my own experiences soon!! Smile[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Looked up one time and saw a white looking figure looking at me. What was so weird about it was it kinda transparent like. When i said something out loud it just moved into the bathroom and vanished
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Looked up one time and saw a white looking figure looking at me. What was so weird about it was it kinda transparent like. When i said something out loud it just moved into the bathroom and vanished

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Dude! Too strange!

My very first ghostly experience happened to me when I was 5 years old. It was the winter of 1975. I was laying in bed asleep, when I was awakened by the sound of wire clothes hangers rattling around in my closet. Thing is, it was winter, thus the windows were closed, as was the closet door. Yet, the hangers were rattling. And I mean violently! Scared outta my wits, I ran downstairs to tell my parents. My Dad tried to console me, telling me that I was just dreaming. He took me into his strong arms and carried me up to my room and sat me on the bed. I insisted that he check the closet. He went over and opened the closet door to reveal hangers that were still in motion, but just beginning to settle down. He couldn't explain it. Spider[/COLOR][/SIZE]

nothing that drastic, just going places, and feeling that I'm being watched, but I'm the only one around.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

When I was a 15-year-old runaway, me and several homeless kids broke into an abandoned hotel. Other squatters were already present so we chose somewhere far away from the others. The top floor was abandoned for some reason so we took that.

As we tried to sleep, some of us, me included, had nightmares that were very similar. We saw a crying, lost woman in them seeking help. In my nightmare I reached out wanting to help and she reached back with her hands going through mine.

As enough of us had these dreams, we also abandoned the top floor (which caused the others to follow us). One guy did research at the library which included looking through old articles on microfiche and found out that in the last days of the hotel a serial killer used the top floor to murder prostitutes (of which there were many in the area).

My GUESS in retrospect, however, is that it wasn't so much a ghost as it was an "impression" (or "fossil") in the ether/astral (or whatever you want to call it).

i have never seen any ghosts, aliens, UFOs, dead people, or other paranormal phenomena, never heard voices or sounds that were not there. i've had a completely normal sensory experience for my 32 years of life on this planet. ergo, i don't consider there being any accountability to such claims outside neurological interpretations.

ghosts, hearing voices, etc is a neurological event in its nature. this could be due to becoming over sensitized to external stimuli (in which case, the brain reacts to something normal in the external environment but that should usually be filtered out as random noise), or there being a defect in the way the brain interprets incoming sensory stimuli, or being entirely due to internal processing in the brain. these are the three most likely explanations (might even be a combination of the three).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I was home alone on a quiet night with no wind. For some unknown reason my attention was drawn to the top of the refrigerator. I was in the next room over but it was in plain view. For no apparent reason, while I was watching a box suddenly flew off the top of the refrigerator and fell to the floor several feet from the fridge. I have no physical explanation as to why it happened.

It happened at the 7th night after my grandmother passed away, which in traditional Chinese (Daoism) culture, it is believed that the deceased one's spirit would return to "visit" their family and friends.

Despite not having any similar experience before with other deceased relatives, me and my brothers decided to sleep early to avoid having any potential experience on it. Yes, we are kind of superstitious.

Unfortunately, I somehow woke up in the middle of the night, and tried to get back to sleep. I was quite calm at first, completely forgetting that was the 7th night. But some time later, I noticed a consecutive sound that's actually heard for awhile already. It's like "tik-tik-tik-tik, tik-tik, tik" with a rhythm. Combining with the other stories I heard and the 7th night, I started freaking out and tried to put myself to sleep. However as you know, you harder you try, the harder you can relax.

So I could hear the sound coming from outside the bedroom, from far to close, like someone walking from the living room, through the corridor and enter my room. Although I already assumed that was my grandma's spirit, I still felt really horrified.

I share the room with my younger brother, who is sleeping on the lower bed, while I am on the upper bed. As soon as I heard that sound, I switched my posture so my back is facing the stairs, so that I could face the wall and no need to worry about seeing anything (although my eyes remained shut the whole time). Anyway, I could hear the sound started climbing the stairs really slowly, and at last, it sounds like it is coming from exactly just next to my ear. It was so bizzare, strange and horrifying at the same time that I was all sweaty.

Then, I suddenly felt a cool touch throughout my whole body. It's not like that the skin felt cold but rather a cool stream arouse from my body inside. At the same time, I start uncontrollably breathing very very deep. Deep and slow. I have never did any breathe like this deep before and I could not image I could breathe in this deepness. But after that I felt more relaxed and didn't feel horrified anymore. The deep breathes last for around 15 seconds I guess, and gradually faded out.

And another half minute later, I heard my younger brother in the lower bed start deep-breathing for a similar amount of time. However, I didn't hear the "tik" sound leaving or what, as opposed to what I assumed.

The next day I shared this to my family. Only my elder brother in the next room was also awaken. He had a similar deep-breathe session but didn't hear any sound. He, however, was "pushed" quite hardly just as the deep-breathe started and he claimed to "witnessed grandma's face in his head". My younger brother didn't remember anything from the incidence.

It is the most recent and possible encounter that I could remember. Not that I want to experience again.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Purple"]Yo... those are all great stories! And Seeking... its great to hear of an experience from someone from a different culture than my own. So, I'll now share another of mine...

My Dad passed away in July of 1983. I was 13 years old at the time, and my mother and I were devastated. It was quite a shock. Well, the following month Mom joined a widows' support group called To Live Again. They met each Wednesday evening. Well, this one evening in August of that year, she left as usual for her meeting. About a half hour after she left, I was alone in our house. I was in the living room, basically just feeling sorry for myself when, very lightly in the air, I could smell my father's favorite cologne. It was very light... faint. Almost one of those things that you think to yourself, Nah... I'm just imagining it. But then, over the next few minutes, it grew in intensity. It grew to be so strong that I had to get up and investigate. So, I went upstairs to my parents' bedroom. Mt father's things had yet to be packed or given away; in Mom's emotional state she didn't have the heart to do so yet. The aroma was really strong in that room. I opened Dad's top dresser drawer where he kept his aftershave and colognes, thinking a bottle may have either broken or come open somehow. But... nothing. Everything was intact. It was at this time that I felt a sudden sense of calm... comforting. I knew then that it must have been my Dad. In a quivering, shaky voice, I said, "Dad...?" At that moment, the smell of Dad's English Leather intensified for a few seconds. And then, it simply vanished. I stood in the bedroom stunned at what had just happened. When Mom arrived home an hour later, I was again in the living room waiting for her to return. As soon as she stepped over the threshold of the door, she stopped short with a look of confusion. Then she came in slowly and looked at me. "James... have you been in your father's cologne?" I looked at her with a sad smile. "No Mom. I wasn't." And I told her the story of what had happened. "Well," she said, "it seems that your 'ol Dad is keeping an eye on things after all." She looked in no direction in particular and said, "Jack, we do miss you so... but I guess you're watching over us, as you said you always would."[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have two...

I was once preparing to go on a school field trip so we had to leave early morning. Hence, I was getting ready to leave my house at between 5:30 - 6:00 Am. Literally and out of nowhere, An ear popping, Loud echoing scream of a woman came from the house next door. It literally echoed throughout the whole neighborhood. Even weirder, the house next door was empty and the people who lived in it moved out a couple of weeks prior to that scream. I've been told the same scream was heard throughout different parts of town in different days the same time. spooky!

The other one which is like 5 years after that scream incident ...
one dawn I woke up from sleep. I was really tired, my eyelids were heavy but I felt the presence of something. An energy. Whatever it was, it was watching me. I ignored the feeling and and closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.
At 6Am. Half asleep, I felt something moving my shoulder. Gently pushing my shoulder more than once like it was trying to wake me up. I got out of bed and slept upstairs in the guest room.
I slept in the guest room for several days cuz whenever I went back downstairs that thing was there. I felt it.
THAT was truly creepy!