Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dreadded appointment
Hi people,
As i type this im trying to get the broken piece of my tooth out from where it is and trying to just snap it off.. On wednesday i gotta go for a dentist appointment to have a tooth broken into four pieces and then picked out of the gum to be removed.. I did have a filling in there but a piece of licorice pulled the filling out and also tore out my nerve in the middle which i didnt notice until after id swallowed it.. In the mean time both sides have crumbled and its worn down quite bad to the point ive had great fun in extracting various parts of my tooth until there is nothing left and now i gotta go back kinda shitting it because ive got a massive massive fear of needles and despite the only thing u feeling is a small pop where its pierced ur gum i still dont like the idea.. Now nerves in teeth do they go all the way to the bottom of the tooth OR do they stay at the top?? Im wondering whether to have local anestehtic or not hehe its a little tooth at me back of mouth that has gone completely now and only got a small bit on upper side..

Also how do u guys prepare yourself for a minor operation?

Er, thanks for sharing, zeon Scared

I can't comment on what you may experience with only half a nerve :confused: but I can easily endure fillings without anaesthetic in my one nerveless tooth.

Surely if your licorice "tore out (your) nerve in the middle", you'd have felt something at the time if it were still doing its job?

I had a broncostomy, I think that is what they call it about 5 years ago. It is where they put a camera down your throat and have a look around. They have to give you a local anaesthetic though. The local anesthetic is administered by and injection through the throat.

I did not have to prepare for it because I did not know about the injection until I saw the needle going towards my throat.

As for dentists I had a wisdom tooth out althoughit was an upper one which is not as bad as a lower one but once they numb you you feel nothing and there is nothing to worry about.

marshlander Wrote:... my one nerveless tooth...
I do have others. They just have nerves.

I never have local anestehtic as it hurts more than getting a tooth palled out, trust me. I've had four teeth removed to make more space for some other teeth to move down and up you would say lol! and with the last tooth the dentist by accident didn't put the needle in the right place so it only put my tongue to sleep but by that time I just wanted the tooth out, that was a really strange feeling that. Having a tooth pulled out lol!

I wont try it though Zeon lol!

I love all the dentist I have had in my adult life.

First, I try to chat them up and get friendly with them. I still have a few, that over the years, we communicate after I have left the area.

The best dental experience I had was when the dentist was a language student of mine. She gave me the laughing gas stuff first to relax me. Her needle was warmed to body temp so you never even felt the needle go in - well, except for the pressure going in... She was amazing knowing exactly the amount to use. I had to make a phone call 10 mins after she finished and instead of NOT being able to move my tongue or lips like the usual overdose most dentist use I was able to communicate immediately.

Now if you really have a fear of needles then you may want to ask for a small script of an anti-anxiety med and take a couple hours before the appt or ask if it is possible to use that laughing gas first.

I honestly love dentist. Their work is usually so amazing. Such detailed work in strange areas Wink I try to make such things like an adventure

so best of luck zeon

Rainote I'll be your dentist ... Rainote

Don't stress about it Zeon - You'll be fine mate.

Just ask the dentist to stretch and pinch the side of your mouth as he injects (Most already do this) and you won't feel it at all...just a little pressure.

And then try your best to relax, my worst mistake was to tense up and become rigid whilst the dentist was doing his stuff. If you relax and try and be loose...it really reduces the stress and discomfort.

Also...great tip - take in your Ipod and Dock and play your fave album during the treatment.

For pulling teeth...I'd recommend Celine Dion Biggrinflip

It'll be over before you know it dood.

Let us know how it goes.

Cris x

marshlander Wrote:Rainote I'll be your dentist ... Rainote

Feed me, Seymour!!!! :biggrin:

Marlborolad Wrote:...For pulling teeth...I'd recommend Celine Dion ...
If you only knew how hard I am fighting a natural urge here ... Rofl