Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to Write
So, I like to write. About most anything but my problem is getting the motivation to just start on something. I'll get ideas but will think they aren't good enough to write about. I know free writing can be helpful but to me that feels silly and never really gets me any closer to starting if anything it just distracts. So does anybody here write/journal/etc.? What gets you started?

A long time ago I wrote journals about my sexuality. .
I didn't understand so much of it...

Now I prefer to read as opposed to writing. .

Writing does wonders for your mental health..

Get motivated. .
Zero in on things that truly spike your interest. .

Post your upcoming novel here?

How about .." Cobalt's Big Book Of Testicles"

I want to write sex books about panda bears getting frisky in a Tokyo downtown setting but I don't know how to start!

But I do agree that I feel better when I write. Sometimes it helps if I write about myself but I don't like doing that much because it makes me think of myself as conceited.

Well..
Writing about yourself (Vs Talking about yourself) is not conceited in my eyes..

Now writing about yourself then shoving the literature in everyone's face is a bit conceit. .

Do your sex panda journal..
It sounds very interesting. .

I'll have a rough draft of said panda escapades by week's end. I promise!

Good timing National Novel Writing Month starts on Sunday www.nanowrimo.org challenge yourself to write 50,000 words during November!

i write in my journal whenever I feel like it. sometimes when I'm in deep thought, sometimes when im upset, sometimes when im bored, sometimes when something good happens....so yea

If you feel insecure about what you write, then better not write it and start something else. If you write only to please your potential readers, then stop and start something new. If you feel like writing nonstop without fear, motivation increases by itself.

I write a lot of things to a lot of people, but usually I keep the letters for myself.

The only way to overcome insecurity or self confidence is to just get on with It and go through it. Write. However it feels. Just write.

Thanks a lot for the input everybody. I'm going to just challenge myself to write more starting tomorrow (having to go to bed now). I appreciate everyone's input!