Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About remembering birthday...
Hi guys Smile

Thought of this topic to discuss with you all.

a) In a relationship, is it a must for a guy (A) to remember his boyfriend's birthday?

b) If A has forgotten about it, should his boyfriend remind him about his birthday? Is the boyfriend in the wrong if he chose to not mention about it to A?

c) Is it wrong of the boyfriend to hear a sincere birthday wish from A? (only a wish , no presents or celebration)

d) If guy A does not remember his boyfriend's birthday at all, can we take it that he is not committed to the boyfriend or care about the boyfriend? (esp when the birthday was over 5 months ago).

Would like to hear your views.

Thanks. Smile

My opinion is that if you are in a serious relationship , birthdays should be known and remembered! My boyfriend is December 14th and mine December 23rd and we always do dinner or something. No gifts as he is my gift! Although this year being my 50th, I hope to just pass the day by with no big deal! Birthdays should be remembered......period. My .02 cents worth.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

We don't exchange gifts "formally" on any occasion...but when either one of us are feeling it...we give each other stuff just because we love each other.....

Neither one of us are much into the birthday thing....I like to avoid it....I never like any occasion where I am expected to feel happy or sad..or anything....I will rebel...

I just like to "be".

I would be thrilled if someone I was dating didn't remember my birthday...thrilled!!!!!!

My partner now probably says Happy Birthday and I do the same with him...but I don't pay attention or keep track if he does/doesn't say it...I assume he does...

That really depends. I could care less than a fuck about people remembering my bday, although it's always appreciated if they do.

For most people, however, having at least a greeting is important

so,

a) yes, at the very least keep that in mind

b) if the birthday boy wanted to be greeted, he might voice as much

c) no, nothing wrong in wanting that

d) That's a bit too much, there is more to a relationship than just some certain date. But depends on the context. Is he overall not paying you any attention? THEN we have a problem
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

If my boyfriend forgot about my birthday, I'd be upset and let him know that. It's not about gifts and parties, is about remembering itself. How can you forget the date when the person you love is born?

I am very pleased when someone remembers my birthday. It is just nice that someone takes the time to think of me. The day itself is no big deal but I remember fondly the days of family suppers with cake and ice cream for desert. My two siblings and I have birthdays within a two-week period. The three of us somehow always felt special during that time. This year will be hard as my older brother died this summer, so I need to make a bit more of Sis's special day.
I bid NO Trump!

~>He should remember your birthday..
~>You should bring it up and remind him..
~>You should tell him if and how you want to celebrate ..or not celebrate.

^^^^
If you've done all that and he still forgets..
I wouldn't be upset immediately. .
I would be concerned he is preoccupied.

Presents?
Sitting with me outside on a clear night watching the stars or a long ,slow stroll to anywhere quiet is enough of a present for me.

There is a saying, "It is the thought that counts". In this situation this is very true. If he just forgets about your B-Day, then what ever he was thinking about, it wasn't you.

~Beaux

If I was in a serious relationship with someone, I think it would be polite to actually remember when my boyfriend's birthday was yeah. I'm not bothered about receiving presents as such, but if it was totally forgotten about I would be a little put out by that. I would have to say something.

I'm awful with dates, but when I'm in a relationship, I do my best to make sure I remember his birthday.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!