Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheesy or not ?
Ok, ok, some of you might find the whole concept of Britain's Got Talent (or which ever place has talent) a rotten, corrupt concept and a bloody awful show; Some of you may even despise the idea of ballroom dancing for men.
But as I heard this morning on the radio, a lesbian by the name of Yang-May Ooi was discussing what it was like to go to gay tea dancing in the centre of London and one of the other guests of the show said :

Libby Purves, Yang-May Ooi, Polly Bagnall in BBC Radio Four's Midweek, today.
  • YMO: When I first came out, many years ago, I went to gay tea dancing at King's Cross, and I can't remember the name of the pub but it was the most amazing experience because you could just waltz around the floor on a Sunday afternoon, erm … men with men, women with women,
  • LP: … We now have the Sugar Sandies, Soren and Bradley …
  • PB: It's wonderful now that at tea dances I sometimes see men in their sixties or seventies dancing together, and I think, when they were young, they would have been put in prison!
  • YMO: Absolutely.
  • LP: Yeah.
  • PB: And that, somehow, that I find wonderful.
  • YMO: A beautiful sight.
  • LP: Yes...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06nq1dw

I didn't know about Soren & Bradley, so I looked them up. They are a gay male couple who perform as a duo called the Sugar Dandies. And their fare is ballroom dancing associated shows.
Here's what I saw (and I must admit, loved) . The reactions of the panel are interesting. Note that David is gay himself, but not, as far as I know, Simon Cowell. He's always the most difficult one to persuade that the act is worth anything. Now let me tell you that the fox trot is about the most difficult of the ballroom dances to master, because of its intricacies and the rise and fall, which are difficult to make look like you're floating. Soren and Bradley's performance is no simple feat on several levels. So, cheesy, or not?

Here's another of their videos. It's almost a spoof of something out of The Sound Of Music...(Note that the first waltz played is called The Skaters (Les Patineurs) by French composer Emile Waldteufel (I know, I know, his name doesn't look French, I believe his family was from Alsace...) official composer and music master to the court of Napoleon III and Empress Eugénie.

Here's another one of their performances, which is like a spoof from The Sound Of Music...
Note, the name of the waltz is The Skaters (Les Patineurs) composed by French composer Emile Waldteufel (I know, I know, it doesn't sound very French but I think his family came from Alsace), composer and music master to the court of Napoléon III and Empress Eugénie.

Lindy hopping Sailors...

Maybe not their best routine but the quickstep looking so light and breezy, go for it...

princealbertofb Wrote:a lesbian by the name of Yang-May Ooi

[Image: tumblr_lld0fz3pJR1qb6zqm.gif]

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about uncut cocks.

Darius Wrote:When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about uncut cocks.

Well, [MENTION=21957]Darius[/MENTION], it's not.... and we all know that uncut cocks can be clean just the way a cut one can be clean. Teach your boys to care for themselves, parents.

Yes, cheesy......very

to each their own I say...or rather cada loco con su tema
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]