Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many of you hate Chinese people?
i went to Omegle last night coz i was super bored and just wanna random chat. i met so many Chinese there. and even worse, when a foreign guy knew that i was Chinese, he stopped immediately.
there are so many Chinese now. Im wondering, what do you think of Chinese people? Do you hate us? would you like to have a Chinese partner in the future?

I don't hate Chinese people. I'm interested in Chinese urban centers, and the history of the country in general. I'd definitely like to visit there some day and I'd have no issue with dating a Chinese guy - I have been with Chinese American guys before.

I like Chinese food, well the American kind anyway.

I don't really know any Chinese people, I live in a rural area that is predominately white. But I have never judged anyone by anything but their personality, so I'd be cool with the Chinese.

I find the Chinese culture fascinating. Early in my career, I was hire as a chef to open a new Asian themed resturant, P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro. The company flew us to China for 6 months to study in 5 Chinese Provinces. It wasn't a vacation by any means, as the Chinese chefs we studied under were relentless, but I really enjoyed the experience.
Hate the Chinese? I don't know anyone who proclaims "hate" for the Chinese, Muslims on the other hand....well, we live in the south so irrational bigotry is sort of the norm here...
~Beaux

Scootaloo sums up my opinion exactly really. I don't care what nationality my friends or a potential partner is, if I am attracted to them both personality and looks then they can be any nationality under the sun really. You came across a douchebag there Keith, is all.

I don't hate Chinese people. I agree with everyone above, I find the culture fascinating. Although, I bet some of the stigma you'll find on Omegle is probably from Donald Trump. He's so pro-China, that anyone opposing his views probably hates everything about China.

Why would someone hate Chinese people? As far as I know, Asians are very intelligent people. I'd have nothing against Chinese partner.

Keith Wrote:i went to Omegle

First mistake.

It's not that I hate Chinese people, it's just that, here in the Philippines, they can be very elitist sometimes.

The word "hate" in English is a very strong word. People sometimes use it diminutively, as in "I hate having to diet," or "I hate my job," but that isn't accurate. It's an exaggeration. What they're really saying is they "dislike" something... maybe even "dislike something a lot". But to "hate" someone ... or some group of people ... means you dislike them with such an intensity that you may very well wish them violent harm or death.

So... is this really what you're asking us?

Even if I did "hate" Chinese people (which I don't), admitting it would be the same as saying, "Yeah, I'm a bigoted, racist asshole who wishes all Chinese would eat shit and die, so what?"

I guess what I'm getting at here is if you want to know whether or not people have prejudices against Chinese people or Asian people or w/e... why not ask THAT question? Because then I can say, yeah, I have some issues... some prejudices. It's not that I'm happy about it or proud of it or even believe I'm "right" to have them... what I'm acknowledging is that PREJUDICE is apart of our acculturation. I think its apart of pretty much everyone's acculturation. The way we're brought up to think and feel about ourselves and other people and "differences" in culture and style and mannerism and so on.

Yeah, I have prejudices that show up in me regarding different ethnic groups. This doesn't prevent me from seeing what these are... that they are societal attitudes that have been programmed into me and do NOT have to be the way I actually think about or feel about a real, live person.

Unfortunately, not everyone deals with their prejudice this way. Some don't even know they ARE prejudiced. Or, worse (perhaps), they know they are but don't give a shit because they believe their prejudices are based on legitimate feelings and objective observations.