Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone actually remember going through puberty?
I've been watching the Goldbergs, and Adam is going through puberty. Everyone was trying to give him tips on how to survive it. I know this is T.V. and they will do anything for an episode, but I honestly don't remember going through puberty. One day my body just changed. Things definitely got bigger, and my voice got deeper, and hair grew, but it wasn't some weird long drawn out time period. I don't even remember when it happened, or even noticed as it happened.

So does anyone actually remember going through puberty? Just curious I guess.

11 ----> 14

Physical changes, yes....

But I certainly remember getting more hormonal. I started getting horny! And I took most things even the simplest of comments too personally. I was, which is not usual on me, a wee bit unstable.

And then it passed.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Radbot42 Wrote:...So does anyone actually remember going through puberty? Just curious I guess.
Yeah, actually, sort of. This was a LONG time ago, though... like another lifetime on another planet or something. But yeah, I can remember being "a kid"... and then things started changing. I specifically remember my nipples getting sore. This fucked with my mind a bit. I felt "girlish" (sort of) or something. Then that changed again. I'll never forget (about the same time) the first time I had semen when I ejaculated. I'd been having dry orgasms for almost as long as I could remember. I *knew* about ejaculating semen... had even seen guys do it... but that was just a squirt or two or three. What happened to me was GOBS.. just GOBS of cum shooting out. Frankly it kind of scared me. Like OMFG! Am I going to make this huge freaking mess every time?? What a total pain in the butt that's going to be!!! But... it never happened like that again.

So... those are just a couple things I remember right off the top of my head. I think by age 14 or 15 I was just used to being a "teenager" and didn't think about it much anymore. But at the 11/12 maybe 13 yo, yeah, it was sort of a big deal.

MikeW Wrote:] I'll never forget (about the same time) the first time I had semen when I ejaculated. I'd been having dry orgasms for almost as long as I could remember. I *knew* about ejaculating semen... had even seen guys do it... but that was just a squirt or two or three. What happened to me was GOBS.. just GOBS of cum shooting out. Frankly it kind of scared me. Like OMFG! Am I going to make this huge freaking mess every time?? What a total pain in the butt that's going to be!!! But... it never happened like that again.

I do remember the first time this happened to me. I had no clue what I was doing, and even did it in a twisting fasion (not at all knowing what I was doing, thought I had an itch) Never had done it before, but I knew I liked it and called it my weird sticky time. Hated cleaning up, (still do) but at least it was easier back then as although I was doing it "wrong" it would always be in my hand since it was above rather on the side. Don't remember how I learnt how to do it properly. Guess I just adjusted.

I do, and I think many do....enough sure have shared puberty stories with me (often how horrible it was).

But I think many forget the details of being a kid, given how kids "known nothing" about sex and aren't curious about it unless you rub it in their faces (when even reading popular kids books from decades ago could dispel that myth, I'm thinking of books by Judy Blume as an example, and holy crap, I know a series by Applegate--of the Animorphs series for little kids, though I've read little of that and can't speak of that one specifically--that were a bit intense for me even as an adult!). It's like all the dirty jokes, songs, gossip on who's a whore and slut and the like starting before the teen years are just completely blanked out.

And then there's the propaganda, the kind we had no respect for as it was so stupid and hypocritical, but so many kids grow up, forget how we reacted to it, and make the very same mistake for the next generation to mock (both the propaganda and the adults who push it on them).

Or how kids are very aware of "do as I say, not as I do" parenting (or teaching, etc) and yet repeat that as an adult and not recalling how kids see through it and lose respect for the one doing it.

Or really bad advice. A little boy I know told me about "cool rules" (by its own description, which he rightly mocked) saying that to stop bullies, you just had to tell them they were bothering you and make friends. Just how much of one's own childhood does one have to blank out to believe that crap? Even little children don't believe it, so why do adults?

Obviously, many have blanked out the vast majority of their childhood (and given what that's like for many people, I can't say I blame them for it, and like what Calvin once said about "people nostalgic about childhood were never children"), and I have met those who say the really don't remember most of it...some wish they could, others are grateful for that gift (though forgetting makes it easy to repeat the mistakes with kids of the previous generations).

Though the brain changes so much (even radically at times, like in puberty) that in a way it's not surprising many don't recall that much...maybe I should be worried that I do remember so much...

I think I knew I was going through it when some-one commented on how my pimples were growing, the rest is history.

i remember getting pubes! and then grew 6 inches in less than a year

it's all practically a blur. i don't know where it started, and i don't know where it ended.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I have a suspicion that if you remember puberty, and how much you remember of going through it, probably relates directly to just how uncomfortable and awkward it was for you.

I have a friend nearing 40 that clearly remembers his voice changing because he was in choir and his singing was extremely important to him.

I personally remember many, many awkward moments primarily because I shared a bedroom (and bed) with my twin sister... with no bedroom door to boot. SO, yeah, puberty was fucking awkward. I couldn't tell you where it started or ended, but I remember a LOT of awkwardness through the middle.

Puberty hit me like a load of bricks. I changed my mind about becoming a monk. Strangely, as I reach my mid-40s, becoming a monk has regained it's appeal...
~Beaux