Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you celebrate New Year's?
Are you a New Year's Eve partier or do you celebrate on January 1?

Do you have any favorite foods for it? Pork is traditional in these parts.

Personally, I gave up raising hell on New Year's Eve a couple of decades ago. These days I end up emailing my sister to see which one of us went to bed earlier. Elefant
I bid NO Trump!

well im not doing anything for the evening but my friend wants me to play golf in the morning so im happy for him to teach me for free , then its dog walking with a stop off to KFC , yes I know its the devils kitchen, but I do like a treat of boneless banquet with gravy ...and a portion mini of popcorn chicken to stop the dogs from mugging me for my food
I used to love been out on new years but I guess people grow up and get family's - im still 18 in my head so makes it a little boring for me for the first year ever

Generally we go to a pretty low-key house party not far from home. I have hosted a few times, too. My friend Tony calls it "amateur night" in the bars because there are so many people who don't know how to behave and it's a lot more expensive than usual.

This year we're going to a friend's party then leaving in the morning for a weekend in Rehoboth Beach, DE with a small group of friends. I'm most excited about the outlets!

I'm going to go visit my sister, I don't see her that often anymore and I really need to get the hell out of dodge. Some time away from here will do me some good, wish I could do it more often.

I used to drink a lot more on New Year's when I was younger but this go round might have a glass of wine or something.

Other than that nothing all too exciting...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I hate new year's because it symbolizes a deadline for me and reminds me of things I haven't achieved (yet again), and at the same time it reminds me of aging, and my parents' aging.

I don't find anything to celebrate in it.

However, I still enjoy my glass(es) of champagne and watching the fireworks.

This year, I'm celebrating it with mum in my place here in Berlin, as lowscale as it can get.

New Year (and xmas) were a big thing to celebrate when my grandparents were alive, but currently my parents are just hanging to simple political correctness. Visiting the family and what not blah blah, it's getting harder for them to be arsed with it, as I see it. It has been like that for me for a while, I just find it easier not to care than them I guess ha ha .

I'd much rather having some vodka by my bed and laying down quietly. Was never a party-goer or anything like that. I did like watching the fireworks on the harbor from my grandparents' roof, but I don't care about that anymore. Maybe watching the transmission on TV for the sake of it.

This New Year will be spent at home, I told my parents I wasn't joining them anywhere and it seems they are visiting relatives or something like that.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

My friends always through a big party. There are about 10 of us (big right!?!) and we drink, play games, and watch the ball drop.

Aquarius, it sounds like you have it set up pretty well. I like champagne but can't find anyone else that does.

At midnight the yahoos in the neighborhood usually set off fireworks.
I bid NO Trump!

The mayor raised a 400 pound pig and is going to roast it up on the plaza on new year's eve. So it's pulled pork and tortillas for everyone. It's supposed to be 0 degrees F that night (-18C) and the town goes to bed early, so 10 pm here is midnight in New York, and that's good enough for us to call it the new year!

LJay Wrote:At midnight the yahoos in the neighborhood usually set off fireworks.

That's good. Around here they shoot guns! (And a few fireworks too.)