Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being thin and Type2 Diabetes
We're told all the time that obedsity caries a high risk of diabetes. Don't be fooled, thin people can be at risk also:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-3528002...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Just skimmed it, Londoner, but this is a very good article. Worth reading for anyone.

I'll be back later to do it justice with a good read.
I bid NO Trump!

Yes, that's what they call being fat on the inside... The bottom line about diabetes is sugar... What is making you fat? It is, at least in the majority of americans, sugar... The thing about fructose which is in everything just about is that it causes your body to store fat...then the fat causes the insulin resistance and the cycle continues...the other nasty thing is that high insulin levels block the effectiveness of leptin which tells your body you're full....so you end up eating more... Trust me I know, I eat way less now than when I was drinking cokes all the time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

We're told all the time that obesity caries a high risk of diabetes. Don't be fooled, thin people can be at risk also

And who is saying otherwise?

Obesity does carry with it a big risk or diabetes.

I'm not sure where in that phrase you can extract an implication on the likes of "skinny people won't get diabetes". That's idiotic.

Why then, do people need an article that says skinny people can get diabetes too? I suppose people are illogic on average, then.

*shakes head in disbelief*

To save people the trouble or reading more than needed:

YOU DO SUGAR IN EXCESS YOU RISK GETTING DIABETIC K!!!????

I hope that was clear enough.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:We're told all the time that obesity caries a high risk of diabetes. Don't be fooled, thin people can be at risk also

And who is saying otherwise?

Obesity does carry with it a big risk or diabetes.

I'm not sure where in that phrase you can extract an implication on the likes of "skinny people won't get diabetes". That's idiotic.

Why then, do people need an article that says skinny people can get diabetes too? I suppose people are illogic on average, then.

*shakes head in disbelief*

To save people the trouble or reading more than needed:

YOU DO SUGAR IN EXCESS YOU RISK GETTING DIABETIC K!!!????

I hope that was clear enough.

The general and very wide spread message in Western society if that obesity leads to diabetes. Very little mention is made of thin people so that was the reason for my post. It isn't as illogical as you make out.

I mean it makes sense to people in the know... a good example of people who don't get it are my parents...they keep on drinking down regular coke and so on... and frankly they don't care, so I don't try to talking to them...

They both also have type II diabetes.

Then you have these people...
[Image: giphy.gif]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

LONDONER Wrote:The general and very wide spread message in Western society if that obesity leads to diabetes. Very little mention is made of thin people so that was the reason for my post. It isn't as illogical as you make out.

Yes, it is a prevalent message BECAUSE THERE IS IN FACT A CORRELATION BETWEEN OBESITY AND DIABETES.

That there is little mention of the other part is irrelevant. Lack of mention of a fact does not implicate the fact not ocurring. Simple and logical semantics.

That peoplewould think otherwise, or have to be told everything, I blame it only on lack of logical thinking.

That is the quintessential human trait. Hardly anyone thinks with the slightest bit of logic.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:That there is little mention of the other part is irrelevant. Lack of mention of a fact does not implicate the fact not ocurring.

But very many people who are thin don't believe or know that they are at risk and so publicity of the fact is helpful. I'm not concerned about whether it's logical or not, I'm just stating the facts. Not everyone thinks as logically as you do, obviously.

Well in the case of the US yeah most people who have diabetes are obese...actually they're more than that...there's a name for it called metabolic syndrome...diabetes, low HDL and high LDL cholesterol, high triglycerides, and usually but not always a large waistline or "beer" belly.

You look this up and they say hey, there's no cure. Of course not, because for the most part we do it to ourselves. It can be cured but it means making lifestyle changes...what you eat, do, exercise... I mean it is do good things for yourself or die early...that's basically the bottom line.

Can't control when you die, I could be hit by a truck, but you can choose to be healthy so that you might live a lot longer... If I knew that I was going to live to be 90 no matter what, would I want to be 90 pooping in a bag waiting to kick the bucket or be able to wipe my ass and for the most part do what I want. You have to stay active and you have to eat right, it's not a fad. It's ok to indulge yourself, that's part of life, but too much of anything is bad.

You know earlier this year I was put on an acid reflux medicine...I quit taking it before Thanksgiving last year and after making diet changes and so on I haven't had heart burn but a few times (mostly right after I stopped taking the medicine).
Check out my stuff!

A few things here, gents.

First, it is important to note that sugar does not cause diabetes. It aggravates dibetes symptoms and avoiding it can help to control diabetes, but it is not a cause or the cause.

Second, diabetes is an irreversible syndrome related to the small vessels.

Third, as my doctor says, "Carbs is carbs." Just as much as sugar, you can mess up your blood sugar levels with a piece of bread, a bowl of rice, or a banana.
I bid NO Trump!