Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Surfers and computers
As Silver Surfers know, sometimes they have trouble with their computers.

Yesterday, one such Silver Surfer had a problem, so he called Georgie, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.

Georgie clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, he called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

He didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Georgie grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No,' he replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So he wrote down:

ID10T

He used to like Georgie, the little shithead.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

There's a problem between the chair and the keyboard...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Not an ID 10 T

[Image: Silver_surfer.jpg]

this reminds me of my poor uncle, he asked me why his computer was so slow. I checked it out and he had a game running, music playing, about 15-20 browser tabs open and a couple other programs on in the background Facepalm
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
I bid NO Trump!

I have tried several times lately - to get one of the neighbor boys to come over and fix my computer for me. Evidently,,they got wise to my antics and now just ignore me,,,,, even when I tease them with candy bars!!!!

Kids are so smart nowadays.

Dirty old man,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

It might help if you had a computer, Jim.

I'm figuring you make these posts on your trips to the library.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:It might help if you had a computer, Jim.

I'm figuring you make these posts on your trips to the library.

Sadly,,, I can't go to the local library anymore. They had a problem with me chasing all the cuties around. It had something to do with my being noisy and disruptive while chasing them (big grin)..

Right now I'm piggybacking off my neighbors wi-fi connection. (smile)...
I really wish he had a stronger connection though,,, it's really cold outside right now,, and I have to set in his shrubbery in order to get reception...

Crazy Jim
We Have Elvis !!

If you would put some clothes on it would not be so cold in the shrubbery, Jim.

You could even get a sleeping bag and a thermos so that if anyone wanders by you could invite them for a snuggle and a cup of tea. I would forego the cookies, though. Crumbs can be uncomfortable in a sleeping bag.
I bid NO Trump!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Sadly,,, I can't go to the local library anymore. They had a problem with me chasing all the cuties around. It had something to do with my being noisy and disruptive while chasing them (big grin)..

Right now I'm piggybacking off my neighbors wi-fi connection. (smile)...
I really wish he had a stronger connection though,,, it's really cold outside right now,, and I have to set in his shrubbery in order to get reception...

Crazy Jim

Get yourself a high gain antenna...there are a few options... Ubiquity makes some good products, I have used them a lot in the past, hotels use them and so on... I mean if you plan on indefinitely piggybacking... Even the sub $50 NanoStation loco is plenty of umph...but you really need two...one to reel in the signal next door, and the other so you have your own signal throughout your own house... Had to do this setup when I was in Fontana, works well.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!