Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a nocturnal person
should I eat breakfast when i wake up in ther afternoon, or before I go to bed. I still live with my parents, and they always make dinner, so there is always food when I wake up. But isn't there certain benefits in certain breakfast that are supposed to help you through the day? If so should I start eating breakfast in the afternoon, and then dinner for dinner?

Breakfast/lunch/dinner are just names you put to food you eat at certain times of the day, whatever it is you're eating.

I would mind less about the name of the meal and focus on what you're putting in your mouth and why are you putting it there for (mind....off....the....gutter...people).

Starting the day? Need to do things? Will be spending energy soon?

You need your food to be about 35% carbs (yeah, I don't mean sugar here), 40% protein, roughly. If breakfast is what constitutes that, go for it.

Is there any other food around that can give the same nutrients even if it's not "breakfast-y"? Go for it.

Do you not have much to do and will be having a rather lazy day? Lower the carbs, crank the proteins up (yeah, proteins are not really negotiable in any meal)

It's my view that people should drop the customes and "culture" a little bit when it comes to food and mind what kind of nutrients they need in specific days. Even the concept of dinner in the way many people do is a bit off to me. Why consume so many calories at a time of the day when you don't need them?

Anyway, that is my general advice to you: mind what are your energy requierments for what you're going to do after you wake up and if this dinner is far away or close in time. Consume your nutrients accordingly

And gawd no, I'm not nocturnal. Can't.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Technically. .
You shouldn't eat a few hours before you go to bed.
(The short version )

The stomach has an intricate way to metabolize the carbohydrate contents of your stomach into sugar .. this action is elevated if you go to sleep on a full stomach.

Breakfast when you wake up is always a better way to go.

Anocxu Wrote:The stomach has an intricate way to metabolize the carbohydrate contents of your stomach into sugar .. this action is elevated if you go to sleep on a full stomach..

Carbohydrate metabolism occurs in the mouth and the duoden. Stomach digests proteins.

Insertnamehere Wrote:Carbohydrate metabolism occurs in the mouth and the duoden. Stomach digests proteins.
I'd ask a follow up question but it might de-rail his thread

Anocxu Wrote:I'd ask a follow up question but it might de-rail his thread

I'll grant you one thing, some acid-catalyzed carbohydrate (i.e. non-enzymatic) hydrolisis might occur in the stomach.