Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal(s) for 2016
Hi folks

When I was in my last year at school, we had one of those 'careers guidance' lessons (one of many). I remember the teacher telling us about some research, showing a sample of people who'd written down goals for ten years had been more successful in achieving them, than people who'd just said "this is what I want to do".

My life has pretty much been saying "this is what I want to do", however the last couple of years I've tried to write down goals and found I am actually looking back at them and seeing if I'm closer to achieving them. I know it just makes sense... But anyway. Do you have any goals for this year?

Mine are to no longer house share and to get my own place, and finally learn to drive. I wrote these down the start of the year, and applied for my provisional licence the start of January. Because of my history with epilepsy I've never applied before, however it's finally under control and been two years now since my last seizures. It's naturally taken a lot of form-filling, but I've been approved so I'm finally going to learn! It's mainly so I can visit home without a four hour train journey.

Sorry for this long intro, but yeah, any goals you have for this year? It'd be nice if we're here next year to see if we achieved them.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Nah I'm a moment to moment guy. Go with the flow. I call it the "flowment". I just get stuff done.

However, I have an intention to try at least one new thing thing a year.

lose weight! >.< x

My two main goals for 2016 are to tone up a little and get fitter, I have started this by going to the gym 3-4 times a week.

My other goal is to move out from my current flat and get a house with a bit more space. I do love the flat and it's location but the neighbours in the block are a pain in the ass. Plus I miss having a garden, even it it's just a small one.

Hmm, I don't so much set goals as I plan stuff to get done withing the year.

Moving out of here comes to mind although some stuff seem to be working against me lately in that area. The rest. Keep working I guess.

EDIT: I don't like goals, if I have to be honest. These past years eveything seems to crumble and fail when I try having a goal.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

eat more fruits (i eat salads alot, but im terrible eating fruits - i drink 100% juices alot thought) and less bread. i also need to loose 5kilos (11lbs) to fit my summer clothes Big Grin all my clothes are labeled as slim fit but some of my summer shirts are labeled as ultra slim fit and i cannot get the buttons closed :O Big Grin

[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION]

I don't generally set goals but those are two things I would like to happen. I won't beat myself up if they don't however Smile

Get a car!

Get a boyfriend....

Start going out more

LESS WORK HOURS ( ive gone into the deep black end and i cant find a way out...)
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:LESS WORK HOURS

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

Kids, how little they know Rolleyes
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

Kids, how little they know Rolleyes

Ya im not forced to go to work like you old man... And even if i were i do what i want
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet