Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excercise --- what do you do?
Keeping fit is important to me in fact I may be a bit of an excercise freak.

In bad weather I will go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Bad wether to me is when the pavements are covered in ice. When the weather is not bad I will run. I love running to me running is an expression of my freedom I run on roads,through fields, on dirt tracks anywhere I can. It is great to get out in the country and run in solitude. Of late I have been running more on my own but I do enjoy running in company and I do have a competative urge which needs satisfying and that normally requires other runners although I have been known to try and race bikes and buses.

I run about 5 times a week covering at least 30 miles.

What do you do and do you enjoy it or just use it as a means to an end? You relly need to be able to enjoy it to keep doing it and there is normally a sport for everyone.

I walk to my car and back from my car, I consider it quite the work out!

I was raised in the Alps and so everyone just expects you (just as they expect you to like wine because you're French) to enjoy winter sports and skiing and all that stuff. No, I do not enjoy skiing, and I didn't when I was young. I tired of it. I think I don't like being cold and miserable. I was an adequate skier but not a very good one, and I think my parents just thought we should all be enjoying the slopes every Sunday or Saturday of the wintry season, when I was young. Yes, we got some good fresh air and worked up appetites, and surely some natural sports fatigue but I didn't like it.
As soon as I was old enough to be left alone at home, I stayed there, playing the piano and generally thinking up a meal for the family to come home to. I really liked those times at home with my music and the kitchen all to myself.
Well, anyway, dancing was my sport and has been ever since I was a kid. I've tried every kind available to me, tap dancing, jazz, modern and ballet... Now I have a group of vintage dancers that I train on a regular basis, and we're not too shabby at it. I guess that's where I get my exercise from, but not nearly enough of it, unfortunately.

[COLOR="Purple"]Before being disabled by the medical establishment I was an all day cyclist.

As soon as I could get my training wheels off I was all over the place. I would spend all day finding new roads to explore.

By Jr Hi I still wanted to loose some more weight so started portion controls and jogging. Lots of hills around Pennsylvania so I did pretty good on the weight thing.

At uni really started the running and continued that when I moved to Tokyo plus always the cycling.

When we moved to San Francisco I pretty soon figured out waiting for the buses wasnt my thing so got a decent bicycle... I learned about the cycling community there and soon found myself with a freewheel and then a fixie. Riding a fixie is one of the great joys in life. I started jogging those hills of SF a couple times a week and started loving that, especially nite runs when the city was quiet. I would follow an international marathon route and was pretty happy that I could even finish the route Lol2 [/COLOR]

i love dancing but i hate every other exercise! i think its very boring and get tired doing it

"Oh I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance
He wants to dance, he loves to dance
He’s got to dance
Oh, I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance"

I don't dance much now Joseph but I walk when I can and take the stairs rather than a lift.

I don't exercise but am looking to join a gym soon just to try and tone up a little, well you gotta try and impress and get people to talk to you even if you are over 25 Confusedmile:

Hope you are well Joseph

xxx

hello jamie yes im am ok i missed you

Missed you too sweet pee

Glad you are well Xyxthumbs

Remybussi

Everyone on here can probably finish this post for me...

One word: YOGA. It's awesome, it's relaxing AND exercise at the same time. Double win. Who'd go running when you can bend around for a while and call it a workout??

I am a qualified football and referee and rugby league referee so overall i usually have about 4 games on the weekend. I also play 5 a side footy for an hour once a week and regularly bike ride so I am reasnably fit.