Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. Prince
I heard the news this afternoon another music legend has passed.

I loved his Superbowl performance

[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Here's a list of Prince's Billboard Top 40 hits.

I Wanna Be Your Lover - #11
1999 - #12
Delirious - #8
Little Red Corvette - #6
When Doves Cry - #1
Let's Go Crazy - #1
I Would Die 4 U - #8
Take Me With You - #25
Purple Rain - #2
Raspberry Beret - #2
Pop Life - #7
Kiss - #1
U Got The Look (with Sheena Easton) #2
Sign O The Times - #3
7 - #7
Thieves In The Temple - #6
Batdance - #1
Most Beautiful Girl In The World - #3
Diamonds & Pearls - #3
I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man - #10
Alphabet Street - #8
Money Don't Matter Tonight - #23
Mountains - #23
Gett Off - #21
Partyman - #18
I Hate U - #12
Cream -#1
The Arms of Orion (with Sheena Easton) #36
My Name Is Prince - #36
LetItGo - #31

He also produced hits for multiple other artists.

"I Feel For You" by Chaka Khan
"The Glamours Life", "Belle Of St. Mark", "Sister Fate", "Love Bizarre" "Touch Me" all by Sheila E.
"Nasty Girl" by Vanity 6
"Sex Shooter" by Apollonia 6
"Screams Of Passion" by The Family
"Jungle Love" by The Time
"Sugar Walls" by Sheena Easton
"Manic Monday" by The Bangles
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I wanted to post some of those songs but apparently Prince was all over the copyright protection.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Listened to "I Would Die 4 U" today, takes on a whole new meaning. Dang. And 57 is hella young

ceez Wrote:I wanted to post some of those songs but apparently Prince was all over the copyright protection.

in 2006 I bought the CD to his album 3121 and wasn't able to transfer the songs I liked (just 2) to my IPod. He was dead to me after this. (No pun intended).

I became a fan with "when doves cry" and loved, loved, loved the movie "Purple Rain" (though I hate the song). He was so sexy, energetic, sexually ambiguous and entertaining, I bought every album for a couple of years, vinyl still, but he got less and less interesting. I moved on after my first Prince concert, the Nude-tour, which was a total disappointment, so boring, lame 'show'.

Last I saw him was on SNL last year or so, which did not do anything for me.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Another legend gone :/
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I was and still am a huge Prince fan and was very lucky to win tickets to his Purple Rain tour in San Francisco back in the day. Still have the concert T-shirt (although a little tighter now!) His contribution to the music world was truly incredible. Very sad to hear the news.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

2016 is not a very good year for musicians, e.g. bowie! and 2015 ended badly for them too, e.g. natalie....

rip prince

Amazingly talented musician - huge shock when I heard the news...

My friends dad used to drive artists on tour for a living and actually drove Prince around , he said he was one of the most down to earth people he ever met - instead of staying with the other celebrity's at his gig Prince actually came and had some dinner sitting and chatting with the tour bus drivers - You don't get to hear that side of him printed in the tabloids

Aw.

Wasn't too fond of the diva persona he'd adopted in his later years (I suppose it was actually there from the beginning) but, great talent--one of a kind. Sad