Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not all teenagers are useless
16-year-old South African invents wonder material to fight drought

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/09/africa...index.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Some days start out to be ordinary and then you read about young people like this. Nice.
I bid NO Trump!

bit off topic but I train teenagers to work in a harsh environment - some are fantastic and I cant give more praise to them for their intelligence. work ethic, safety for their fellow workers etc - then the others are just a waste of space who are governed by their phones and are week individuals who give the teen generation a bad name

matty7 Wrote:bit off topic but I train teenagers to work in a harsh environment - some are fantastic and I cant give more praise to them for their intelligence. work ethic, safety for their fellow workers etc - then the others are just a waste of space who are governed by their phones and are week individuals who give the teen generation a bad name

That's how I feel too- I have worked with and known many teenagers who are incredible people at a young age. Entitled, self centered, and lazy are not traits that are determined by age. And neither is brilliance, creativity, and the ability to contribute to society. Kiara Nirghin should d be celebrated for her work, and she's not the only person of her generation to already be making serious contributions to the world.

When I hear older people complaining about the youth today, I'd like to encourage them to become mentors, to volunteer their time to work with at risk teens or teens with limited access to resources, or to encourage the development of a teen internship program at their jobs. People are great things to invest in.