Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pioneer Cabin Tree felled by storm
The famous "drive through" sequoia in Northen California, more than 1,000 years old, has fallen:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38561877
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Dang that is sad... I want to say I have been there. I know we once went though the sequoias and I want to say I remember being there...was a long time ago. I was probably about 4-5 years old and hard to remember being in California at that age.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Dang that is sad... I want to say I have been there. I know we once went though the sequoias and I want to say I remember being there...was a long time ago. I was probably about 4-5 years old and hard to remember being in California at that age.

Yes, really sad. If that tunel hadn't been cut through it, it might have stood for another 1,000 years. Man's intervention once again........
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Actually it might have died in a fire, as these seem to be happening more and more in California. Still, it's a sad state of affairs.

LONDONER Wrote:Yes, really sad. If that tunel hadn't been cut through it, it might have stood for another 1,000 years. Man's intervention once again........

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...yeah it's cool to have a tunnel but does make it hard for a tree to live and loses a lot of strength...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

As no one was there when it fell, did it make a sound?