Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay dating apps?
Hey, I struggle to find a dating app that fits my needs.

What I'm looking for is something that not only shows me guys within my age range, but also filters away those guys who think I'm too old for them.

It's so depressive to go through dozens of profiles of guys I like and see that I'm beyond their age range... any dating app that actually takes that into consideration?

Also, I don't like those swipe left / right apps.

I've only ever used Tinder, Grindr and Hornet, none of those seem to fit what you're asking for. Doesn't match.com only match you with people that have similar interests/wants? Never used it myself, but that's what it advertises itself as doing?

I believe you can set Grindr up so you only see your preferred age range.
Most likely the guys that think you are too old for them already are filtering you out of their searched...
Use a condom.

Hey Cridders and thanks, will take a look at it.

drobs Wrote:I believe you can set Grindr up so you only see your preferred age range.
Most likely the guys that think you are too old for them already are filtering you out of their searched...

Yeah but that's missing the point.
I'm 40. My age range is, say, 20 - 35. I filter. I get all kinds of guys between 20 and 35, fine. But then, for most of them, I'm beyond their age range. Which I can totally understand.
But it's depressing to look from one nice profile to the next one, only to find that their age range says "x - 30", "x - 35" or "x-39".

I mean, I respect that completely and won't ever text anyone anyway. But I just wish I wouldn't see those guys in first place, who state an age younger than mine as maximum.

I'm not sure whether the Scruff has this function, but I think so.

Aquarius Wrote:I mean, I respect that completely and won't ever text anyone anyway.

I think you're missing out then. Hit em up, if they turn you down move on.
Youth (legal age obviously) is attractive, go for it and see what happens.

I've been growing out a beard and am surprised by the reactions I've been getting by the younger crowd. Could be I'm surrounded by .mil who aren't allowed to grow beards but still...

Grindr is a hookup site - advertise that you can host and you'll probably get all sorts of responses. Don't believe those BS profiles that say "only looking for friends."
Use a condom.

i find all those dating apps terrible. my experience is they all want sex. unless you are looking for that, then ur in the right place lol

Aquarius Wrote:I'm 40. My age range is, say, 20 - 35.

It's been my experience that old farts tend to like tender. Surprise!

Good luck!

Just try to be Rolex.

They are all rubbish, but Ive used Plenty of Fish a few times and have meet a few nice guys off there.

Yeah, I am not looking for sex dates. I guess dating apps aren't for me then.