Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 fake news stories since Trump won
So, how's the media serving us during these "despicable" times. Well, they turned from being boot-lickers under Obama, to pushing things out there that are demonstrably false...

This wouldn't be happening, either underreporting real news, or over reporting rumors, if the press were staying true to the principle of being fair and impartial in their coverage. (ie, if they had a shred of journalistic ethics and integrity.)

http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-f...trump-won/

Quote:That being said, there are two possible outcomes to this fake news crisis: our media can get better, or they can get worse. If they get better, we might actually see our press begin to hold the Trump administration (and government in general) genuinely accountable for its many admitted faults. If they refuse to fix these serial problems of gullibility, credulity, outrage, and outright lying, then we will be in for a rough four years, if not more.

No one single person can fix this problem. It has to be a cultural change, a kind of shifting of priorities industry-wide. Journalists, media types, reporters, you have two choices: you can fix these problems, or you can watch your profession go down in flames.

Most of us are hoping devoutly for the former. But not even a month into the presidency of Donald J. Trump, the outlook is dim.

Most journalists have no integrity, they have replaced lawyers and dentists as the most despised profession. The only people more loathed than them is tax collectors.

When I was in Iraq a reporter was sent out with us for a village patrol a routine meet and greet to deliver soccer balls. Later when I saw the story on the news the reporter had simply fabricated events making it seem like we were under attack. It was insulting, it made it seem like we couldn't even protect some reporter like we were incompetent. in fact the attack she was referring to to happend days before she got there in a another village. After that I was done with CNN.

Point is? I mean I could go look at InfoWars and Fox News and find you an equal amount of nonsense...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Doc Wrote:Most journalists have no integrity, they have replaced lawyers and dentists as the most despised profession. The only people more loathed than them is tax collectors.

When I was in Iraq a reporter was sent out with us for a village patrol a routine meet and greet to deliver soccer balls. Later when I saw the story on the news the reporter had simply fabricated events making it seem like we were under attack. It was insulting, it made it seem like we couldn't even protect some reporter like we were incompetent. in fact the attack she was referring to to happend days before she got there in a another village. After that I was done with CNN.

That's terrible. The bad thing is I'm sure their boss is demanding a big juicy story, I mean afterall they them him or her to Iraq, surely must be something like out Hollywood...

Just crazy. That sad thing is that I think the trend will continue...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This is our point exactly any mainstream news is alot of bullshit and a little bit of truth, the only way of know for sure is seeing it for yourself. Having said that, I no longer watch the news and I seem to be ok living my life uninformed because most of the stuff that the media hypes in not important anyway.

Doc Wrote:This is our point exactly any mainstream news is alot of bullshit and a little bit of truth, the only way of know for sure is seeing it for yourself. Having said that, I no longer watch the news and I seem to be ok living my life uninformed because most of the stuff that the media hypes in not important anyway.

Exactly. Not having cable/satellite is awesome and I still get to watch the crap I like without all the nonsense.
Check out my stuff!

Its Hollywood's fault too, take The Hurt Locker. That shit movie won 6 academy awards, what a fucking disgrace to the academy. The Snoopy and the Red Baron paints a more realistic picture of war that that shit film did. I couldnt even finish it, Fuck Jeremy Renner I hope a dog bites him.

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Exactly. Not having cable/satellite is awesome and I still get to watch the crap I like without all the nonsense.

I just do my netflix.

Doc Wrote:Its Hollywood's fault too, take The Hurt Locker. That shit movie won 6 academy awards, what a fucking disgrace to the academy. The Snoopy and the Red Baron paints a more realistic picture of war that that shit film did. I couldnt even finish it, Fuck Jeremy Renner I hope a dog bites him.

Never heard of it, but then again I miss a lot of movies since I hardly ever see previews... Does seem like a lot of new movies blow in general.

Doc Wrote:I just do my netflix.

I don't even have that anymore lol. I'm cheap...unless it is something I want and usually when I want something I want it right now... Yeah very bad habit but anyway... I use Kodi and have been very happy with it.
Check out my stuff!

I netflix and I do some patreon stuff for youtube, you dont need to donate but its nice too if you can.

I do InRangeTV, ForgottenWeapons, HistoriaCivilis, and RealCrusadesHistory . So its 4 bucks a month in donations for really good content but its a bit niche so it aint for everybody. even with netflix its $12 which is reasonable. The only thing worth watching on cable is Game Of Thrones.