Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath house
Hello! I plan to go to s bathhouse for my first gay experience, nervous and a novice. Any advice is welcome 😊

Don't. Disease.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Don't. Disease.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but never heard of the term bathhouse so I wouldn't know what the heck I would have been talking about...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Why not a bar or club?

Just out of curiosity, how hot (as in sweaty) are they? Are they kept much cooler than the regular sauna? Is there a lot more space or safety features to keep from being burned (say if someone slips in the act)? Do such places get cleaned like by the hour?

I've been to plenty of saunas, and I'm usually so hot and sweaty that I'm not aroused at all. And getting out to say take a cold shower and get right back in can be incredibly invigorating, comparable in some ways (distinct in others) from sex. It would also seem dangerous (of like accidentally burning one's self), and if it's frequently used for sex then I'd also wonder about the hygiene. So the appeal of sauna prostitutes (that I've heard about in places like Russia) and for gay hookups escape me.

That said, I know some guys and even some women won't use a sauna (this was at fitness centers) because they feared sexual advances by those of the same gender (despite how strictly policies against sexual harassment are enforced), though I've never heard of it actually happening in such a place. Yet one fitness center I used to go to allowed both men and women in (mandatory clothing like swimsuits) and I don't recall anyone fearing something erotic going on there.

I didnt know gay bathhouses were really a thing still.

It seems like a bad choice for a first time experience.

the only one I know near sacramento is steamworks in Oakland. first and last visit for me was years ago. it was little much.

as for advice: bring flip flops

trywait Wrote:the only one I know near sacramento is steamworks in Oakland. first and last visit for me was years ago. it was little much.

as for advice: bring flip flops

You went once and you never left...I know your secret :-)

Well at least make sure you use protection for whatever it is you intend to get involved in. If it's just peeking or looking then you're probably ok.

If you're this dirty ....
[Image: 4e0a453f9b525.jpg]
... a crucifix and shower gel is probably a good idea.