Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bikers
Not sure this is the right section for this thread but it's the closest I could find.
so are there any bikers out there?, are there any gay biker clubs?
It's not that i have a fetish or anything like that, I have a bike and enjoy riding and would like to meet like minded people to go on a ride with occasionally. I find getting to know straight bikers hard to do especially as they run a mile once I tell them I'm gay. I know I don't have to mention I'm gay to them but the question always arises "are you married ect" and after being in the closet for so many years I don't like to start a friendship being closeted about it.

so are there any bikers on the forum? male or female.

hi do you go to swancote at all im there most weeks Wink

[COLOR="Purple"]I guess you mean motorcycle... I am a cyclist but anyways... pretty far to go for a ride with ya Cry

Hope ya find a group as it is always most fun riding with a group for the share.[/COLOR]

rampant Wrote:hi do you go to swancote at all im there most weeks Wink
Not sure where swancote is? is it up t' north or daan saaf (sorry doing the accent thing) is it up north or down south?

fjp999> I'm also a keen cyclist, out most days trying to beat the flab into submision.

[COLOR="Purple"]fudger, what do you ride?
I have a KHS road bike, a Fuji from the 70s, the brother to the Fuji made into a fixie switch hitter freewheel and the silver Bianchi Pista fixie.
God, I love FIXIES!!!

My little bicycle shop has started their weekly rides and this will be my first one Lol2 [/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:fudger, what do you ride?
I have a KHS road bike, a Fuji from the 70s, the brother to the Fuji made into a fixie switch hitter freewheel and the silver Bianchi Pista fixie.

Umm I've got a road/trail bicycle it's blue :biggrin: (have no idea what a fixie is or a fuji or indeed a switch hitter freewheel):redface:

swancote in in bridgenorth lots of bikers meet there every wednesday Big Grin

fudger Wrote:Umm I've got a road/trail bicycle it's blue :biggrin: (have no idea what a fixie is or a fuji or indeed a switch hitter freewheel):redface:

Rofl

[COLOR="Purple"]KHS, Fuji, and Bianchi are all brand names. Bianchi is the oldest existing bicycle manufacturer in the world Bow

All bicycles historically began as fixed gears. Think the childrens tricycle. When you rode a tricycle as a kid if you were going down a fast little hill those pedals didnt stop moving - they went as fast as the rear wheel Laugh2 Laugh2 I ride a road bicycle that is built like that tricycle and I go down much larger hills... A free wheel means that the pedals are not locked to the rear wheel so you can coast. With the correct tools I can remove my rear wheel on the switcher and go from fixed to free.

BLUE is very nice Mushy [/COLOR]

where i ride over yorkshire all the bikers i talk to dont even ask if i'm gay or not, most of them just want to talk about wot each other is riding and where the best runs are - dont think youve met any proper bike riders yet cos been gay doesnt come into it at all - may main ride is a Norco six one which is a great bike n i rise Specialized stumpjumper for xc ridin

OK OK big event in the area...
Tomorrow, despite the foul weather that is being announced by the weather forecasters, it'll take place around the lake in Annecy... The Tour de France is having one of its "against the clock" races tomorrow... I think we are nearing the end of the competition too... There is one quite difficult declivity in the area of Bluffy, above Talloires (see map)... and the whole tour is about 40 kilometres... Lots of tourists and aficionados have invaded Annecy in the last 48 hours, so I shall avoid that town like the plague tomorrow and probably just end up watching it on tv... (if at all). Are any of you interested in the Tour de France???
[Image: TourdulacAnnecy23juillet2009.gif]