Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing number of Americans think Trump is incompetent

Why did it take them so long?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Nobody in my area thinks that, maybe its just the up-jumped yankees in New York.

Doc Wrote:Nobody in my area thinks that, maybe its just the up-jumped yankees in New York.

Because everyone in the south watches Fox News and takes everything they say as gospel....However, same goes for up there, probably what MSNBC.

You surely have heard of Krystal burgers right? Well up north it's called White Castle, everyone argues about which is better...it's actually the same bullshit slider owned by the same company... Kind of like Hardee's and Carl's Jr.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Exactly thats why broad statements like this are hardly accurate or representative of the opinions Americans.

And yet, opinion polls about "direction of country" are showing positive gains from last year...

So, people may not have a good opinion of President Trump, they like the direction the country is heading...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...y-902.html

kindy64 Wrote:And yet, opinion polls about "direction of country" are showing positive gains from last year...

So, people may not have a good opinion of President Trump, they like the direction the country is heading...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...y-902.html

Clicking on this very link...the four latest polls say this.
President Trump Job Approval
* Rasmussen report Approve +2 points
* NBC news Wall Street Journal Disapprove + 4 points
* Gallup Disapprove + 13 points
Congressional Job Approval
* NBC News Wall Street Journal Disapprove +31 points

I don't read this as BETTER going from these polls... Glass half full, half empty?

There's a lot of disapproval going on in the recent polls.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

But maybe the country is recovering from the elections and going back to work therefore making the direction of the country more positively seen by people polled.
On Sunday the latest poll said the government was on the wrong track + 11 points, and that 's been trending the last few days....

Doc Wrote:Exactly thats why broad statements like this are hardly accurate or representative of the opinions Americans.
I think it's been widely reported that the country is divided on political and economic and social issues. But then you've got to wonder what the weight of urban centres is in terms of population and the way these populations think. Aren't Los Angeles, New York and Chicago the biggest urban centres in the States?

Those cities are all shitholes rife with crime and corruption, until they get it together we shouldnt care what they think.

Doc Wrote:Those cities are all shitholes rife with crime and corruption, until they get it together we should care what they think.
Even those cities have improved. You didn't know the New York of a few decades ago. Now that was unsafe.

princealbertofb Wrote:Clicking on this very link...the four latest polls say this.
President Trump Job Approval
* Rasmussen report Approve +2 points
* NBC news Wall Street Journal Disapprove + 4 points
* Gallup Disapprove + 13 points
Congressional Job Approval
* NBC News Wall Street Journal Disapprove +31 points

I don't read this as BETTER going from these polls... Glass half full, half empty?

There's a lot of disapproval going on in the recent polls.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

But maybe the country is recovering from the elections and going back to work therefore making the direction of the country more positively seen by people polled.
On Sunday the latest poll said the government was on the wrong track + 11 points, and that 's been trending the last few days....

That's the beauty of the RCP method, it's a rolling average, so trends are more easily identified. Check with it every couple weeks and we would be able to say something more definitive. Citing 1 poll (or even a handful) at a certain point in time is pretty meaningless.