Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay prides?
just thought i would ask, out of all the many many gay pride events this year, who is going to which?

do you have anything special planned?

i shall start ya'll off...

i intend to go to brightons gay pride this year. have no where much to stay and so will be performing an all nighter with the help of vodka! most likely going for the last two days, as i can hardly do three with no sleep :biggrin:

alsooooo i have bought a top just for the occassion!

its pink, has 6 or so male lions on it. just chillaxing together...

its

a

gay pride

(HAHA! - yes i realise i shall spend a good chunk of my time there explaining the top but its so darn well suited to the occassion that i thought why the hell not?)

so yeah! gogogogogo!
also, any brilliant stories you want to tell from previous prides? horror or humour both welcome! this is my first so i have none yet Smile

xxx

I've never gone to any but I hope to go to

Doncaster's (if it still carries on cuz of the Mayor)
Leeds
& Sheffield

I go to Brighton pride every year and stay at the camp site to the east side of brighton, it's very cheap and packed with 'campers'.
Brighton is defo my favorite pride but i will also go to Reading pride as it's my local one, tiny compared to Brighton but fast growing each year could top 7,000 people this year.

if you go to Brighton pride stay around for the sunday pride day in st James street, its organised caos gay style. it was set up for all the people that worked on the saturday to have a well deserved party.

I've had a few work enquiries for Norwich Pride day. At the moment nothing has been confirmed so I am planning on trekking over to our "fine city", as it claims on the welcome signs.

fudger Wrote:I go to Brighton pride every year and stay at the camp site to the east side of brighton, it's very cheap and packed with 'campers'.
Brighton is defo my favorite pride but i will also go to Reading pride as it's my local one, tiny compared to Brighton but fast growing each year could top 7,000 people this year.

if you go to Brighton pride stay around for the sunday pride day in st James street, its organised caos gay style. it was set up for all the people that worked on the saturday to have a well deserved party.

i should be there for the 1st (saturday) and 2nd (sunday) so will do Tongue

although not looking forwards to performing an allnighter! hahaha!

Just decided to go to London Pride (04/07/09) as its now free again and an easy trip for me, looks good as it's now held in Soho and Trefalgar square. I used to go years ago but they started charging for the event and it died on it's arse for a few years so I refused to go. anyone else going?

Never been to one, have thought about it but note sure if i would like it.

From reading on Wiki, it seems that people celebrate the rites from when years ago being gay was criminal and could mean a life sentence or in some countries death penalty. Some countries still carry the death penalty for being gay.

To me i don't think i would want to celebrate if that is correct from what i was reading on Wiki about it.

Not sure if i would go...

Prides were origionally demonstrations to highlight the lack of equality in society for gay and lesbian people. now they are just a celebration of sexuality and a chance to voice any inequalities that still exsist.
you should go to one of the big events like Brighton and see for yourself that it's 160,000 people just partying and having a good time showing their pride.Invasion Invasion Invasion Invasion

fudger Wrote:Prides were origionally demonstrations to highlight the lack of equality in society for gay and lesbian people. now they are just a celebration of sexuality and a chance to voice any inequalities that still exsist.
you should go to one of the big events like Brighton and see for yourself that it's 160,000 people just partying and having a good time showing their pride.

Thanks i may do that.

I don't know if i would fit in at a pride(not sure if partying and the like is my "thing"), but i will go to one, they look fun.
I dont know when i'll get around to it though Due to a few inconvinences:
1) No one to go with.
2) Not completly out yet, so may have to fabricate excuse.
3) Not sure if i'm ready.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so