Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquariums
AquariumsSome of you who have known me for a while know that I keep aquariums. I used to have a reef aquarium, but time and money, mostly money, led to me giving up the Reef Aquarium.

Now I have 2 freshwater tropical tanks.

The first tank is a planted community tank that has been built around 3 Ghost Knife Fish and include a variety of Gourami, Barbs and Tetra's, and is 4ft.

The second tank is slightly smaller and has Cichlids and catfish.

[MENTION=24118]deephiance[/MENTION] Your photos must not be set to public... I get oops, this page doesn't exist...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I'll upload the video's to YouTube later and repost. I wasn't sure if I could link them to view here Smile

Very nice. A lot of time, effort and tlc gone into these tanks. Xyxthumbs

I had to google the different types so I knew what I was looking at. The Ghost Knife fish look pretty cool from the images I found but I don't see any in the first tank. Are you adding one at a later date?
They look like they grow pretty big too.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Really nice aquariums mate!! Lot of hard work gone in there!

Bookworm Wrote:Very nice. A lot of time, effort and tlc gone into these tanks. Xyxthumbs

I had to google the different types so I knew what I was looking at. The Ghost Knife fish look pretty cool from the images I found but I don't see any in the first tank. Are you adding one at a later date?
They look like they grow pretty big too.

There is a reason they are called GHOST knife Wink lol

There is actually 3 of them in the tank, but they tend not to swim in the open, they are generally in something or behind something, but if you look really carfully in the bottom left hand corner in the latter part of the video, you will see one swim across the front of the grey filter.

you can also see one poke it's head out of the log in the middle at the end.

I have never owned my own aquarium, but I did grow up in a household with both fresh and saltwater aquariums.

They look so happy. How fun.

I had a Saltwater, but I just didn't get any pleasure from it. I well maintained Reef Aquarium is absolutely spectacular, but there are too many 'moving parts' for lack of a better word, when compared to tropical and other freshwater aquariums.

I use rainwater, so that takes the pH factor largely out of the question for the community tank, but the cichlid tanks needs a little boost to nudge it closer to 8.0