Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Came Out
Hey,

I came out to my mum yesterday, cuz she saw i had a love bite on my neck from a lad what slept over the other night

She already KINDA knew, I was doing things with lads, and also knew that I was bi.

But she was proper upset, and even threatened to kick me outta the house. She said that she would have to tell the neighbours and family and what would she do.

Also she said that I shouldn't go outside with a love bite, when I'm hanging around a lad which looks so gay, because people might think things.

:| My mums ashamed of me, I don't know what to do

Just to top it of, I still have to tell my Dad, and I have no idea how he will react, she knew and she's still had a right go, what will he do!?!?!?

Bloody hell.

It is just shock right now, I know my dad was shocked.
He didn't react as badly though.

Try to explain to her that you're the same person, as she loved you before and nothing should change.

She will calm down eventually, but from the initial reaction she won't be as accepting as you can hope.
Hopefully your dad will be better.
Do you think he will be okay?

Usually you have a hint of their reaction...

Goodluck!

Why would SHE have to tell the family, and why oh why does she HAVE to tell the neighborhood. That's just absurd.

This is your life and it's something about you that is your business. She really needs to consider how sensitive that is to you.

Does anyone else have your back for you if things go awry?

[COLOR="Purple"]Well written trev & Jake...

My mom was such a drama queen... going on about killing herself for an hour...

After an hour of that bull I just asked if she still loved me and she quieted down and said YES.

Best of luck with it all... it is rather silly isnt it?[/COLOR]

Well done, Steven, for coming out to your mum. Sorry to hear she did not take it as well as you might have wished. Obviously I don't know your mum, but if she is really "ashamed" of having a gay son I doubt that she will want to spread the news too widely. As has been mentioned many times on here, don't forget that you have been thinking about this for a long time before you decided to disclose. Although your mum may have suspected you might be gay your confirmation has probably ignited many fears she may have had. Now she is going through that irrational panic about how you will fare and how others may respond. Give her some time and be kind to her. I expect she is more worried about you than she is able to say and it is very unlikely that she has stopped loving you.

Good luck for when you decide to tell your dad.

can i ask whats happened then?
has she paraded the streets striking a pot and pan bellowing out to the rooftops 'my sons a homo-fag!' ???

dear god if she did then i appologise profusely! i just genuinely want to know whats happening? has she calmed down about it?

just as a general question, do most people parents react like this?8-)

my mum reacted amazingly at first but then freaked out and is now ignoring it as best she can...

otherwise if you want to compare with others from this site:
Gay Forums - coming out stories?

but generally most parents dont see it coming and dont know enough about the gay community to see it from a positive viewpoint...
but then there are also a load of them who just go '...well DUH!' and continue on.
and then theres the few who over react and kick their children out, refuse them happiness as they hope they can change their children back to the little dreams they once were.
and then i spose there are all the ones inbetween.

it will be a hard time for anyone i dont suppose but some have it rougher than others.

oh gawd... a honestly do feel sorry for those people whose parnts over react, its still their child how can they just turn thier back like that, that alone sickens me, its their flesh and blood

Robertson Wrote:oh gawd... a honestly do feel sorry for those people whose parnts over react, its still their child how can they just turn thier back like that, that alone sickens me, its their flesh and blood
I couldn't agree more. How can parents behave so childishly :confused: :confused: :confused: