Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a musician!!
I just read in this forum that there is a lack of musicians here on gay speak!!

I play piano, organ, violin, and guitar. I have dabbled a bit in coposing songs but I mainly do improvisation at the piano.

Musicians come out!!

if it helps i played the recorder in primary 5, i kinda gave up after that :L

WOO! my mum was a stupendous recorder player. i dont know how accomplished to be fair but we used to have a shed filled to the brim with her massive array of recorders and music etc!

i gave up the recorder after year 5 also Tongue
but used to play the violin as it was compulsory in my third school. but that lasted only 2 years before i moved to a different school.
but soon i shall be learning the piano! as i have always wanted to be able to play it!

ok i didnt quite get to that level of instrumental expertise, i could play mary had a little lamb.... they even made us pay for our recorders, but when we started high school we never got to keep themSad

haha! sucks to be you! my school paid for mine AND i got to keep it!

Sad thats £3 of my life il never get back :'( on the plus side my primary was the first to do it, so all the wee kiddies now are using my pre used recorders where as i got a squeeky cleen one

tbh i dont no how the teacher survived 30 ood 8 year olds blowing into a squeeky device....wow fun

Robertson Wrote:if it helps i played the recorder in primary 5, i kinda gave up after that :L
Shame, you had yet to encounter the most interesting and exciting repertoire.

Robertson Wrote:...i dont no how the teacher survived 30 ood 8 year olds blowing into a squeeky device....wow fun
It's embarrassing what hard-up musos will do for money. I don't take on instrumental teaching as a rule, but I was contracted, on what started out being an interesting research project that ended a couple of years ago, to teach recorder to a whole class in a "difficult" school over three years. The worst thing about most recorder teaching is that it is generally done by people who really don't know how to play the instrument. How can children ever get an idea of what they are supposed to sound like if the teacher cannot lead by example and inspiration?

:L:L well ah think the teacher learned on the job with us, she fittied in quite nicely with all the squeeks and sqwaks anythin for money :L

Guitars for the win!!

I luuurv my guitar.

I baffle on my keyboard...
but put a sheet of music in front of me and i'll most likely pass out. Smile

electric or acoustic... im not quite a guitar enthuisast but my pal plays the elctric in a band hes shit hot gawn ehh see him play oan thurs Smile