Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US just attacked Syria
How do you guys feel about this?
After the chemical attacks, I do feel like its time to intervene. But I also worry what we might be getting into.

I worry that the current administration not only does not know what it is doing but also does not have the bureaucratic infrastructure in place to handle this action. This presents a ripe opportunity for power grabbing. I doubt that Trump has lined up any international support or even opinion.

I plan on a long talk with my teddy bear.
I bid NO Trump!

I think the cause of the problem is the cure of the problem

I am flipping the fuck out. I will ask, how do we know Assad was responsible for and perpetrated a chemical attack? We have a proxy war with Russia in Syria, and who knows who was killed in the strike. I don't believe something because I'm told it is so, I ask for evidence and research. Any killing of civilians, especially widespread and in this manner is reprehensible, but it's not so simple to just go in and strike. You have two big egos in charge of the U.S. and Russia and a big sandbox they're both trying to play in.

Confuzzled4 Wrote:I am flipping the fuck out. I will ask, how do we know Assad was responsible for and perpetrated a chemical attack? We have a proxy war with Russia in Syria, and who knows who was killed in the strike. I don't believe something because I'm told it is so, I ask for evidence and research. Any killing of civilians, especially widespread and in this manner is reprehensible, but it's not so simple to just go in and strike. You have two big egos in charge of the U.S. and Russia and a big sandbox they're both trying to play in.

not too many people can see that because it is far too easy to believe the propaganda that is spoon feed as truth than it is to ask question and discover that the boogie man doesn't actually hide under your bed, he hides in plain sight runs countries and multi-nat banks, pharmaceuticals and petroleum industries.

I am also curious about how our weird relationship with Russia is going to play out in all of this.

And by curious I mean stressed.

The end of humanity will happen where humanity began

In that case I don't really understand why people are so terrified and surprised when terrorist attacks happen. It seems only logical-we attack them and then they attack us back.

people are terrified because they don't know who to trust anymore, let alone know what to believe as the truth.

I'm always weary of the justification for the start of war.

I remember the whole Iraq WMD debacle in 2003. In the UK, Dr David Kelly said the dossier was "sexed up"and that Iraq didn't have any real long range destructive power- that guy "took his own life" and we went into Iraq and Afghanistan.

A little later, Robin Cook MP claimed that Al Qeada was fictitious and a database of CIA friendlies. He died alone whilst out hill walking and Tony Blair didn't even attend his funeral.

Then lo and behold The Bush-Blair wargasm starts and now here is the world almost 15 years later.

Look at the Gulf of Tonkin incident that got the U.S. into the Vietnam war- they even admitted it was a lie. Look how many U.S. and Vietnamese died there. They just had to get rid of Kennedy first- he was wounded in the second world war and did not want to rush in to see others hurt. Lurking in the shadows the military industrial complex couldn't wait to earn money and try out there new toys- Eisenhower warned about these guys in the 1950's greedy businessmen, and he was an ex wartime general too!

And speaking of greedy businessmen, that brings us to Trump and his Oligarch supporting buddy Putin. Trumps been talking war all through his election campaign and the attack in st Petersburg gives Putin enough leverage to wade in!

And the world keeps turning....and the non political classes keep dying.