Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The art of dancing
I was on the internet searching through the playlists for a piece for something I gotta do, and I stumbled upon a really beautiful video:

''Do I look civilized to you?''

These two are supposedly straight but watching this has me suspecting one of them is starting to wonder about ‘the other side’ of himself. 

https://www.out.com/theater-dance/2017/3...ance-world

Dance these days takes many forms.  I recently attended a performance of two works by the Canadian choreograher Crystal Pite.  For those of you not acquainted with her work, here's a couple of samples:

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

(05-20-2021, 11:53 AM)LONDONER Wrote: Dance these days takes many forms.  I recently attended a performance of two works by the Canadian choreograher Crystal Pite.  For those of you not acquainted with her work, here's a couple of samples:

Wonderful ! Not since Matha Graham and Jerome Robins have I seen anything as fluid. One section (around the two minute mark) has me seeing crabs on a beach. Thanks, I’ll be keeping track of Crystal Pite from now on.

(05-20-2021, 01:11 PM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 11:53 AM)LONDONER Wrote: Dance these days takes many forms.  I recently attended a performance of two works by the Canadian choreograher Crystal Pite.  For those of you not acquainted with her work, here's a couple of samples:

Wonderful ! Not since Matha Graham and Jerome Robins have I seen anything as fluid. One section (around the two minute mark) has me seeing crabs on a beach. Thanks, I’ll be keeping track of Crystal Pite from now on.
Hi @Karl Rand:  I'm glad to have introduced someone else to the wonderful creativness of Crystal Pite.  Interesting that you used the word "fluid" since I use it also to describe her work.  It's such a pity that more of her work is not available on DVD.  For the moment one has to be content with what's available on YouTube.

Thanks for that.  Here's Crystal Pite talking about "Flight Pattern":

and here's a full performance.  It's very dark.  In both senses of the word.