Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconnecting
So about a year ago I started talking to this guy. We hung out several times over the course of a couple months and seemed to have a pretty good connection both personally and physically. After the first time we hung out, I happened to be going on vacation in Europe and he texted me basically non-stop, which was endearing albeit a bit obnoxious as the trip was expensive and I was trying to sightsee. Wink He told me he was very scared because he never felt this way about another guy before (only recently had acknowledged his sexuality). He even took a job up closer to where I lived and said it was to be closer to me, although I doubt this and think it was mostly to be closer to his family.

After a few weeks, he started to become much quieter. He is not out to his family (aside from, he says, one of his sisters). In fact, only a couple years ago he was engaged to a woman. He mentioned serious anxiety about his family finding out, but said he would come out if he found a relationship. Gradually, we lost touch. I attributed it to his closet issues and didn't make any other moves, also in part because I took a summer assignment out of state. From what I gathered on Facebook, he had begun dating his ex-fiancée again.

Throughout this time, we remained friends on Facebook and Snapchat. Basically, now I know he's single again (per Facebook) and I also have good reason to believe he occasionally stalks my profile (which I'm totally okay with). Even after a year, I still really like this guy and I really, really want to get in touch with him again, but I don't know how to go about it without coming off looking like a lunatic -- given we haven't talked in over a year (I'm a shy person in general). I don't even know for sure if he stopped talking to me because he lost interest or if it was because he freaked out. How would I know that and how do I talk to him without causing him to have closet anxiety like I think he had last time?

Thanks in advance.