Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Once Again!
Hey there, everyone! I'm so excited that GS is back! I happened to look at my old email associated with this account by fluke and saw the message from Andy. I had almost completely forgotten about how great this site was. As it turns out (I had to check), I've had this account since '14 and also remember guest observing a while before that, and I always appreciated how welcoming and respecting the forum was/is. I, both directly and indirectly, received a lot of very good advice, and I do credit this site and its members for getting me through some not-so-wonderful moments. 

Since 2017, I have experienced a lot of change in my life. Some of you might remember that (if you do at all) I am from New York; however, I moved to Canada to start living with my then boyfriend (now fiancé). I was even approved for permanent residency a couple months ago. In that time, I also completed my master's degree in English literature and have continued my quest to write books and get published, mostly in the YA urban fantasy and historical fiction genres - though, admittedly, maintaining motivation has definitely been tough these days (as I'm sure a lot of you can probably relate). Since graduating, I've been teaching writing and grammar courses to first-year uni students, and I've really been loving that experience so far. Also, since '17, with the help of my wonderful partner, I also came to terms with identifying as homoromantic ace. I thought it was worth mentioning as a followup because this forum helped me so tremendously on my journey towards accepting my same-sex attraction in the first place. 

So yeah, I'll cut off my little reintroduction here. I'm always looking to chat with fellow creatives, old friends, and anyone really, so I hope to see you all, members past, present, and future, around.  Smile Stay safe!
[-] The following 1 member Likes writerbry's post:
  • andy

Welcome back to GS!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • writerbry

Glad you found your way back. Welcome
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • writerbry

Ciao. Glad you're back again.

Interestingly, I wrote my M.A. thesis on asexuality. Happy that you've found your Mr. Right that helps you embrace your sexual identity on the spectrum.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Alvin's post:
  • writerbry

Welcome back Smile
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Meebs's post:
  • writerbry

Sounds like a success story to me. Welcome back!
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 1 member Likes LJay's post:
  • writerbry

Welcome back Writerbry! Glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you Smile. Congrats on the engagement! Hope you overcome your writers block soon, I guess it is indeed a little harder to find inspiration in these times we find ourselves in. See you around!!
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • writerbry

Welcome back ! I felt the same when I knew it's back up again !
[-] The following 1 member Likes seeking's post:
  • writerbry

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479f293d581df045d134...=giphy.gif]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • writerbry

Hi @writerbry welcome back!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • writerbry