Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great to be back!
I'm so glad that GS is back...it's the only online forum where I ever felt really comfortable.

A lot has changed over the past 3 years, but the basic theme continues.  My husband and I have been legally separated for most of that time.  He lost both custody and visitation rights with our daughter, due to his out of control behavior.  He (irresponsibly) fathered another child, a boy who ended up being dumped on his mother.  Anyway, she and I decided to team up...she's living with me and we're bringing up the kids together.  My husband's fresh out of a six month inpatient rehab/psych program, which I ended up paying for *sigh*.  

Despite all the drama, I like my life right now.  Our daughter is 4 1/2 now and the absolute joy of my life.  Her little brother was born addicted to meth, but he's doing better than anyone ever expected.  We have a new house, a new dog to keep the old one company and *sigh* 2 cats, 4 parakeets and a bunch of tropical fish.  My daughter never met a critter she didn't like.  Having my mother-in-law living with me is working out waaay better than I expected.

The kids think I need a new boyfriend, but since a new relationship is slightly  below food poisoning on my wish list, I'm holding off on that.For the time being, I'm good with my life the way it is.
[-] The following 3 members Like Pyromancer's post:
  • andy, Camfer, InbetweenDreams

Welcome back to GS. Glad to see you! Sorry to hear about you and your husband being separated but glad you are like your life. That is the important part. Smile
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Welcome back to GS. Glad to hear that you like your life as it is right now, the genesis sounds rather stressful.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Hey @"Pyromancer" welcome back!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Hello @"Pyromancer"! Good to see you back!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

@"Pyromancer" Welcome back! Smile
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

@"Pyromancer" Welcome back o the fray. Hope your life goes well from here forward.

Could you explain the fascinating drawing that functions as you avatar? It would be interesting to see a larger version. My bad eyesight can't make out details.
I bid NO Trump!

(05-03-2020, 11:22 PM)LJay Wrote: @"Pyromancer" Welcome back o the fray.  Hope your life goes well from here forward.

Could you explain the fascinating drawing that functions as you avatar?  It would be interesting to see a larger version.  My bad eyesight can't make out details.
@LJay, to explain the avatar I have to start with my user name.  A Pyromancer is a Fire Mage, a magic practitioner who conjures and controls flame.  The avatar is a Fire Magic symbol, this one in particular is conjured as part of a love spell ritual.  And if all of that makes me sound just a bit...eccentric?...my excuse is that my daughter is fascinated by magic, fantasy, the occult and Pagan ritual.  She's probably the only not-quite-5-year-old self-proclaimed Wiccan on the planet.

If you want to see a larger version, google Fire Magic Symbol and it will come up.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Pyromancer's post:
  • LJay

(05-04-2020, 02:53 AM)Pyromancer Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 11:22 PM)LJay Wrote: @"Pyromancer" Welcome back o the fray.  Hope your life goes well from here forward.

Could you explain the fascinating drawing that functions as you avatar?  It would be interesting to see a larger version.  My bad eyesight can't make out details.
@LJay, to explain the avatar I have to start with my user name.  A Pyromancer is a Fire Mage, a magic practitioner who conjures and controls flame.  The avatar is a Fire Magic symbol, this one in particular is conjured as part of a love spell ritual.  And if all of that makes me sound just a bit...eccentric?...my excuse is that my daughter is fascinated by magic, fantasy, the occult and Pagan ritual.  She's probably the only not-quite-5-year-old self-proclaimed Wiccan on the planet.

If you want to see a larger version, google Fire Magic Symbol and it will come up.
So it's more Wicca and less gaming?  That's good in my book.  Your daughter is probably just acting out something she heard while you thought she wasn't listening.  I think kids have a need for the secrecy of ritual.  Makes a safe space.  On the other hand, lock up the matches and Bics.
I bid NO Trump!

Hey Pyromancer,
Welcome-back
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.